Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Un Sou Large De-lamination Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2181 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  8:07 pm Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Had this on my watch list for months, made a few offers, seller then put on sale

should display nicely along with this other (previously posted)

Pillar of the Community
United States
2379 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
949 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  10:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canacoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Parts of it looks like it would peel like a banana.
Very nice indeed !
"If you going to err,do it with flair . That way you'll remember and not repeat the mistake"

W.R.Robertson
R.I.P.
Valued Member
Canada
347 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Talonbat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just out of curiosity do you collect them strictly because they are large laminations or because they are laminations on early Canadian tokens, or any error on early Canadian tokens? I've always liked these dramatic de-lamination's myself I just find it hard to value and then to know what to pay.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
1423 Posts
 Posted 01/29/2018  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fourmack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
just find it hard to value and then to know what to pay.

You pay what you feel comfortable paying.
I like them as well
Cheers Don

Vickies cents and GB Farthings nut.
"Old" is a figure of speech and nothing more
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2181 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  3:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
90%+ of my interest (and collection) is in CDN Colonials, but I don't go looking for errors or varieties unless they are visible to the naked eye (cracked planchet, lamination etc).

The Un Sou was near $50 CDN, the 1812 was a little less.
Pillar of the Community
United States
795 Posts
 Posted 01/30/2018  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add colonialtokens to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The Bouquet Sou token is identified by Breton as 694, and Courteau as 38B, and Charlton's as LC-31C.
This is one of the most common of the Bouquet series having a rarity factor of 1.

Quality control was not a paramount concern of the minting practice of this series and the workmanship / craftsmanship was likewise lacking. As with many other colonial tokens of this era, I doubt if the quality control of lesser mints ever rejected or culled any struck piece.

Considering all, this should still grade VF-30.

doug
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05