Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hello from California. Modern Quarter Questions  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  4:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add FShaw to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
New here. The name is Frank and am a new coin collector.

I have a question about this 2000 Maryland Quarter; it appears that some of the copper is showing through or am I mistaken?

Thanks

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21157 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Looks like some kind of stain to me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FShaw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Err, You're absolutely right...I gave it a little scrape and sure enough, it came off! LOL, I'm new at this...
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2795 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!
-----Burton
43+ year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Owned by four cats and a wife of 33 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13030 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We look forward to your participation.
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add owatchman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. Watch out for scraping coins. Not so worrisome on the quarter since it's common. But for more valuable coins that's a big no-no. Use pure acetone instead. Let it soak and then air dry.
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11380 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4949 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  9:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2282 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FShaw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome! As I have mentioned, I'm very new at this but I do have another quarter that I am curious about. It's a 1980 D but it seems to have some problems with it. Any ideas?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
676 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  06:34 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1616 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You have come to the right place to have your questions about coins answered.

Concerning your second quarter, are you wondering about the "in" in the legend, the letters being fused together?
When you ask a question about a coin, it is really helpful to point out where on the coin you have questions.

This question should be moved to a more appropriate forum. I have asked the moderators to do so. There are things like die chips, worn dies, grease-filled dies, etc. Others are more knowledgeable than me on exactly what you have there.
Edited by oriole
02/12/2018 07:17 am
Learn More...
United States
52156 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  3:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
22579 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1375 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FShaw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again for the welcome and sorry for being non specific concerning the second quarter. Concerning the second
quarter, what I find odd about it is not only the fused letters of the word "in" and the filled "D" but it seems the
date has been pressed along the center of each numeral and "Liberty" seems deformed as well. Being a newb, I have
no idea what I'm doing. Thanks for any suggestions and help.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05