Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

think I may have found an error? please somebody with more knowladge help (2017-P LSC)  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
84 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Boatlife to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

The 0 in 2017 looks like it may have been struck twice or something, what do y'all think?

Pillar of the Community
United States
8047 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There was something under the area between the layers, a gas bubble, foreign material that moved around. Called passive plate doubling/movement.
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Lord John Dalberg-Acton

Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 02/11/2018  11:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boatlife to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you, is that worth anything?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6751 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  01:37 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For me, the pics aren't sharp enough to tell, but it may be a gas bubble.

If that, it doesn't have any extra value. If you can get clearer pics, that would be great!
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  05:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boatlife to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is about the best I can get, and from looking at it like this it kinda looks like a crack?.. I'm not sure, y'all know about it a lot more than I do so I'm going with what y'all say.. Thank you

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29097 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Looks like a water stain on that area. (note the other areas that have the same thing. If it were double struck, all the devices would have been altered. Just not one device is individually. When the dies are created, the hubs that make them are all complete. So one device could not to be struck twice on coin today. All 20th and 21th century coin dies are made that way. So if a coin has a doubled die on them, the doubling would be on the die. (thus the term "Doubled Die")
Welcome to the site.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1445 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!
Everyday is a great day. Semper Fi.
ANA Number: 3178122
My Wants List: http://goccf.com/t/188411
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 02/12/2018  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Boatlife to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the help, I will eventually learn more about what to look for, you to then just gotta keep studying
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 04/12/2018  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n00bdude to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i only seem to find 2017 D. Dont think ive found one with P on it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6751 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2018  12:38 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
i only seem to find 2017 D. Dont think ive found one with P on it.

That's probably because of your location. I am in Texas, and I don't recall having gotten a 2017-P coin in change, only D-mints. It will take some time to start seeing them. In fact, I have yet to get any 2018 coin in change, but I don't use cash much.
"When you make the finding yourself - even if you're the last person on Earth to see the light - you'll never forget it."
-Carl Sagan

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2018  12:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FrankenCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome Crazyb0 and coop with great pictures again:

These newer zinc pennies seem to be a new world with their material problems. Good to know, thanks every one and Boatlife for the pics.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05