Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 P Lincoln Cent 1DO-003 Found In Circulated Bankroll! (Mid Die State)  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3471 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  7:52 pm Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this in a circulated bankroll from a bank box of U.S. Pennies. I was surprised to find this in circulation. It's my 2nd 1DO-003 I've found. This one is in a MDS. I took pictures of all of the die markers so you can see it. I also will be giving it an Acetone bath and will post the results after the Acetone soak.

Errors And Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
02/13/2018 9:11 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6588 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  7:55 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will you PLEASE stop it! Quit it! Cease from finding ALL the good ones and leave some for the rest of us!

Wow David! You really are picking some good ones. Congrats!

Books on Doubled Dies and Error Coins:
Coin IDing For Dummies Vol. 1, "The Minting process and Doubled Dies" (PDF format)
Coin IDing for Dummies Vol. 2, "Error coins and More!" (PDF format)
Find both here: http://goccf.com/t/296596

"Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press and a disarmed populace."
James Madison
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3471 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Will you PLEASE stop it! Quit it! Cease from finding ALL the good ones and leave some for the rest of us!

Wow David! You really are picking some good ones. Congrats!

Thank you Crazyb0. Haha! I'll never stop searching these bank boxes! I just got very lucky again. I have been getting great batches lately. I am glad there's not any CRH's (if any) in my area.
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1216 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations! Very fun find!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3471 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you aristarchus123. It was a very fun find! I was happy when I found it. :)
Errors And Varietys.
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bluedogcards to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find and it being a double for you, congrats
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3471 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  8:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Bluedogcards. It was just out of pure luckiness. Always keep your eyes out for these.
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3616 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slamnbass to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3471 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Slamnbass! It was a great find! Hopefully, my next bank box is just as good.
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
690 Posts
 Posted 02/13/2018  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic! I am learning a lot! Thasnks for sharing!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3471 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  12:27 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Quote:
Fantastic! I am learning a lot! Thasnks for sharing!

Thank you merclover and you're very welcome! I am glad you're learning a lot from this. We always learn new things everyday!

Here's the results from the Acetone bath. It looks better than it did!

Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
903 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find E&V You have been finding some really nice ones lately!
BTW, All of you on the east coast side that keep finding these great coins need to send some of those bank boxes over here to the west coast side
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

When I was in college I majored in malfunction.

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3471 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  01:47 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Great find E&V You have been finding some really nice ones lately!
BTW,All of you on the east coast side that keep finding these great coins need to send some of those bank boxes over here to the west coast side

Thank you Tootallious! I have been having great luck lately. It's probably because I'm the only Coin Roll Hunter searching these bank boxes in my area. Maybe I'll send you one over with a small fee.
Errors And Varietys.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  06:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find E & V
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add gratefuldad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
congrats
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
903 Posts
 Posted 02/14/2018  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Maybe I'll send you one over with a small fee.

Lol, That's ok E & V, the cost to ship a $25 box would far exceed the $25 for the box itself!
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

When I was in college I majored in malfunction.

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05