Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Classic Coin(S) You Find Especially Interesting/Intriguing?

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Colonials. Seems like a natural progression for any numismatic that has studied early US coinage to move into them. I'm surprised that so few collectors on this forum collect them. They provide a glimpse into the deeply rich history of the founding of our country. I love everything about them. From the primitive designs to the vast availability of different issues. I actually approach them backwards. I find a coin that intrigues me, I check previously sold listings to get an idea of pricing and I bid on it. If I win it, I spend the next few weeks learning about the coin and its history. I really enjoy this approach.
Edited by MikeF
02/19/2018 9:47 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3322 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3CS
-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Pillar of the Community
United States
8901 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2018  11:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Moe145 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If I had the budget I would certainly like to have more capped bust coinage in my collection.

I agree!!
Valued Member
United States
246 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2018  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add peaece13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Morgan's were my first passion, so that series is probably my favorite to collect and study.
After that I would say an interest in the beauty of the capped bust design, particularly the halfs, which currently have my attention.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18725 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2018  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mercury dimes. I now have 10 complete sets in Albums. 2 more sets almost complete and many rolls of extras.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
79171 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2018  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I agree!!
I felt you would, you are part of the inspiration.

Quote:
Mercury dimes. I now have 10 complete sets in Albums. 2 more sets almost complete and many rolls of extras.
Valued Member
United States
288 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2018  12:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BarberMan2016 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am a fan of the Barber series. It exudes a certain elegance to it that I think is unmatched. The reverse eagle signifies the United States as a logo better than anything I have seen. I absolutely dislike blast white, only stay with original toned mint state.
Valued Member
United States
185 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ariette to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All of the really early coin types fascinate me: Liberty Cap Half Cents and large cents, Flowing Hair silver coins, Bust gold coins, etc. The 1793 one-year type coppers - the earliest coins produced for circulation by the U.S. Mint - are especially intriguing to me. Perhaps one day I will be able to score myself a Chain cent, Wreath cent, or Liberty Cap Left Half Cent.
Valued Member
United States
360 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2018  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EarlyTurban to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Early HEs. Love the simple Draped Bust w/Turban, and Capped Bust look.
Valued Member
Russian Federation
391 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  03:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add flying_teapot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm trying to buy all large cents I see, if price is fair. Then are quite rare in Russia.
US coin collector from Russia
Come to see my collection http://goccf.com/t/309048
My wishlist and trade
http://goccf.com/t/311993
Pillar of the Community
United States
2005 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2018  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
San Francisco mint 1854-1874.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05