Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Anybody Out There Own A U. S. Pattern?

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1380 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  9:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If you do, how did you acquire it?

(And it goes without saying... pictures please!)
Pillar of the Community
United States
9023 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  10:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I certainly don't own it but I use a J-1516 for my avatar on another forum...
http://www.PCGScoinfacts.com/coin/detail/61854

edit to add - too bad the Barbers won....
Member SSDC, TNA
Edited by dave700x
02/24/2018 10:21 pm
Learn More...
United States
14160 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  10:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Fuzzy317's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This was not "technically" a pattern, maybe a pattern for the pattern:

1837 Feuchtwanger Cent
purchased from online retailer
<---- expert of nothing, student of everything. My Coin Galleries
Here is: My Want List.... to work on my: Birth Year Set

Circulating Dollar Coins ......Circulating Half Dollar Coins ...... Circulating Two Dollar Bills
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't own any patterns, but I know that jmwilson has a spectacular One Dollar pattern.

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15900 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2018  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a few pattern coins (European), two extremely rare, but no U.S. patterns.
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No patterns in my stable.

But I do look forward to a show.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1380 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2018  09:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was hoping a Gobrecht dollar or two might show up.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6362 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TypeCoin971793 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want an 1854 Flying Eagle cent. Those shut up anyone bragging about their "rare" 1856 flying eagles.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15834 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do have a pattern to cent piece forget the Judd number, but it's in 1863 and its one of the GOD OUR TRUST varieties with the word CENTS strongly curved. It only grades VG to Fine. I bought it many years ago out of an ad in Coin World. Cost me $100. Sorry but I don't take pictures of my coins so I don't have a picture of it.
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
02/26/2018 09:11 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3479 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  09:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

It would if Bill Jones was still around. He used to be a regular here and I really enjoyed his posts and rare examples from his collection.

I haven't seen him around for awhile. Does anyone know what happened to him?
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3480 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  09:32 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2018  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That would be nice to see.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15834 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2018  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most of the Gobrecht dollars are not patterns.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
6992 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a 1879 Coiled Hair Stella $4 Gold coin. It is a pattern coin that was never issued by the Mint for circulation.

Anybody out there own a U.S. Pattern?
I own the coin below (along with my fellow American People).

If you do, how did you acquire it?
My agent, the curator of the Smithsonian's National collection of U.S. coins, a federal government employee, purchased it with my money (and that of other taxpayers).

(And it goes without saying... pictures please!)
Here you go. There are many other priceless ones in my (and yours if you are an American citizen) colection.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1452 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  11:28 pm  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have a half dollar pattern. I was looking for a FH Dollar and I found one with a dealer. While looking through his stock, I noticed a half dollar pattern that looked rather appealing. I'd never bought a pattern before and all I had on price was auction history, but it was enough. I bought both coins that day.

I'll put up a picture when I get around to it.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Edited by Andrew99
02/28/2018 11:34 pm
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05