Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1878-P Rev of 78 can you guess the VAM?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2762 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  1:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have the VAM for this one, it is one of the more interesting coins I've vammed in a wnile so I throw it out to everyone, can you find the markers (there are many) and guess the VAM? Feel free to throw in a grade thought as well. BTW, these are terrible photos. It is Proof Like with mirrored surfaces of which I haven't been able to capture yet.

ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Edited by srs77
02/28/2018 1:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8576 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could that obverse die be any more polished? It leaves me to the second of the two obvious choices.

edit to add - This one is known in DMPL and yours looks like at least a shot at PL. I'm not 100% certain that's it's uncirculated though, so 63 if MS and 58 if slight circulation rub.
Member SSDC
Edited by dave700x
02/28/2018 1:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2762 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add srs77 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave, I wish my photos were better. It should make PL for sure. These pictures were done in a rush. I had back surgery and it's difficult to stay on my feet for a very long time so they shots are rushed. This one was just fun to VAM. After a few guesses I'll put out what it is. I have a 1904-O that's giving me fits right now so I might post it here for some help.
ANA Member 3171274
Vamming? What's that?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8576 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I immediately recognized the reverse die on this one. I have two examples of the later clashed die state.
Post up the 04-O, I really enjoy the variety of that series. I have around 20 or so.
Member SSDC
Valued Member
United States
150 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  03:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FrankenCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi again:

Too many you know what Vams:

http://www.vamworld.com/1878-P%20VAM-86

Early stage?
Edited by FrankenCoin
04/09/2018 03:40 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05