Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Info On Libby Prison Museum Association Bond

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  7:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A friend of mine found an old Libby Prison Museum Bond, I have researched the history of the prison and what a history it has. This Bond had to have been issued when the building was taken apart and moved from Richmond, Va. to Chicago in the late 1800's to build the Museum. She was wondering if the bond has any kind of value.

Also found was an old movie screenplay from an old silent movie staring Rudolph Valentino.

Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2018  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, I did a search for the assoc. and it's bond, and came up with nothing.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are people who collect bonds and people who collect Civil War themed items so I would imagine those would be the target audience for this piece of ephemera.

I found this Catalog and Program that details the museum https://archive.org/stream/libbypri.../n1/mode/2up

As for providing a value for this or the screenplay I am out of my realm of knowledge. GregAlex may know or be able to provide some insight on the bond.

-MV
I'm slowly building my numismatic library--106 works and counting

With assistance, trying to compile a listing of numismatic reference books & materials available to collectors http://goccf.com/t/174749
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Wow, that is great.. I will pass the link on to her. I told her to download some of the info from the Chicago history museum website, then frame that info with the bond. She said it was pretty brittle and was afraid to open it up. As far as the screenplay, she is keeping that, not even going to think about selling that.... Thanks very much for that link, she will love it.
Rest in Peace
United States
7075 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2018  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Buddy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If she is going to frame that old paper, be sure that she invests in archival quality materials. The acid in any backing (which is usually cardboard) could destroy it. Search for Archival or Museum quality items.

Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2018  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sagegirl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I told her to talk to somebody at a museum for advice.
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2018  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without seeing the whole bond it's hard to offer much of an opinion, but I agree this likely would have some value to collectors of war material. However, if it's as brittle as you describe that may detract from it's value. I would think the screenplay would be far more valuable. What does a silent movie script even look like -- is there dialogue? :-)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05