Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Collection Hunt: 1905 Swiss franc, 1945 Phillipino coins, and others...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  12:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shoesnsocks to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A lady I work for on occasion let me look through her collection. She wanted me to let her know if she has anything worth selling. There were so many coins but I've picked out all the silver and a few others that caught my eye. There is also some American coins and some Canadians that I'll be posting in the appropriate forums and an old token that looks to be American that I could use help identifying.

I believe this is the only one that is not silver from these pics but it was in such good shape for being from the 60's

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Edited by Shoesnsocks
03/13/2018 1:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1870 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those coins in those conditions will only get about melt price as far as eBay is concerned (and sometimes less when eBay fees taken into account). I see those types of coins in my local coin shop all the time and have learned that unless it is BU condition or a key date, they will go for about melt silver price. Still, silver is nice!
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shoesnsocks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Right on thankyou good to know. My mom is actually interested in buying them so I'll let her know.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
4104 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  2:26 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1961 French 5 centimes is usually found in Good EF to Uncirculated condition, because this coin was only in circulation for a very short time. This design, made of chrome steel, was struck from 1961 to 1964 but was replaced in 1966 by a smaller, aluminium-bronze coin and demonetised. The reason the chrome steel coins were withdrawn is that France issued a nickel half-franc coin (worth 50 centimes) in 1965, and the two coins could easily be confused as they were roughly the same size.

Interesting selection of coins - thanks for posting them!
Valued Member
United States
107 Posts
 Posted 03/13/2018  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shoesnsocks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woah that's pretty cool. After searching through this collection I discovered that coins are made of more typres of metals than I thought. I found lot's a aluminum Francs and even found a stainless steel coin from Italy.
Edited by Shoesnsocks
03/13/2018 11:47 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.17 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05