Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

"In Transit To Next Facility" USPS Tracking?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 105,367Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  10:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I recently purchased a coin on eBay. The item arrived to a distribution center 2 days ago. Yesterday, the tracking said "in transit to next facility." Usually, the item would have reached a local distribution center, then transferred to the local post office. The expected delivery date is today, but it hasn't even arrived at the local Post Office. Does anyone know what "in transit to next facility" means?

Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2399 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  10:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see packages make stops in 3-4 locations locally before they are finally delivered on a regular basis.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen that too. However, in this case it does not state that the package has stopped anywhere - simply "in transit to next facility." for about a day.

EDIT: Never mind, last time I ordered a coin from the seller the same thing happened. I think this is normal. Sorry about that.
Edited by SilverDollar2017
03/15/2018 10:52 am
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I typically see that on all my orders, when leaving one county or state and moving to the next stop before your local post office is when I see this. You will probably receive two updates back to back. Arrived at local facility and then arrived at local destination facility. That's what I normally see anyway. Hope that helps.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, usually they say "In Transit To Destination", but when items are coming from this particular location, they say "In transit to next facility". I think the package will probably be delivered tomorrow or Saturday.
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have on saying the same thing for an expected delivery of March 15th
Location Date & Time With Partner
In Transit to Next Facility March 15, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility March 14, 2018
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility SEMINOLE-ORLANDO FL DISTRIBUTION CENTER March 13, 2018 4:23 am
Departed Post Office THE VILLAGES, FL 32162 March 12, 2018 6:06 pm
USPS picked up item THE VILLAGES, FL 32162 March 12, 2018 4:51 pm
Shipping Label Created, USPS Awaiting Item THE VILLAGES, FL 32163 March 12, 2018 10:01 am
Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item March

Edit: I think is may have something to do with the size of the package as well. Now that I think about it I see this usually with envelopes rather than large packages. Not that I haven't seen this on packages. The person that probably has the most knowledge about this is Crazybo. He use to work for USPS. I'll shoot him an email.
Edited by Tootallious
03/15/2018 1:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  1:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Tootallious. Last time, the seller sent the coin in a yellow envelope.
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SD, all that means is that the last time it was scanned into the system. Usually a package goes from your local PO to a central area facility. Here, all local POs(zip codes) go the the Regional facility at the Columbia airport. Then they go according to type of mail(1st class/Priority) by different carrier, ground, air up the transport chain. Here it goes to St louis or KC,(direction) It "should be" scanned in AND out of these facilities...sometimes clerks are _____________(you fill in descriptor) and don't scan but parcel still goes on its merry way. other times, it isn't scanned for days because it was hiding under the transport cart, er, misplaced. You can usually tell what is happening. In transit is actually good, it's moving by plane or truck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Crazyb0. So "in transit to next facility" means the package is being transported toward the local distribution center.
Edited by SilverDollar2017
03/15/2018 2:09 pm
Rest in Peace
United States
1559 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your welcome SD!
And thank you Butch! I knew you would be able to provide a correct detailed answer for SilverDollar2017
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"in transit" just means moving from one point to another, up or down the travel chain. Not necessarily a local point, could be region to region, but that's a good indication of where it's going.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6120 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"In transit to next facility" is a generic term that USPS uses to make you feel good. It lets you know know that you have a package coming to "somewhere" from "somewhere". They just don't know exactly where it's at at the moment. I think it's auto generated every 24 hours.

Whenever it gets scanned again you'll have a better feel of where it's at.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just got another "In transit to next facility notice." Last time I ordered something from the seller, it came directly from the distribution center to the local distribution center here.

Here's some of the tracking info:

March 15, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility

March 14, 2018
In Transit to Next Facility

March 13, 2018
12:37 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility,
SAN ANTONIO TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER ANNEX
Bedrock of the Community
13014 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like mentioned I'm almost almost postive the in transit is autogenerated by the system
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. I will wait until Saturday for an update on the tracking. If I do not get an update by Saturday, I will look to receive a refund or contact the post office.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 03/15/2018  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The issue has been resolved. The item reached the local distribution center 10 minutes ago. Thanks for your help!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 105,367Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: