Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Started my indian head cents collection  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  7:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm learning about Indian Head cents grading and eBay bidding. My approach is AU/MS for 1891 forward, XF/AU for older dates and lower grades for the pricier key dates.

Looking forward to the next local coin show while perusing eBay offerings. Please PM for any recommended dealers for Indian Head cents.
Actively collecting IHCs and Morgans. Thinking about LWC upgrades.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6317 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best of wishes in your search ... show us some photos as you gain the coins in your set.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will do. I have several eBay purchases coming next week.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  8:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Show us some pics!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1601 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RoyCoinBoy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What’s your budget (per coin and/or total)? We could help you search the bay and other auction sites for deals you may want.
If my metal detector detects a metal medal, does it not, at that point, become not only a metal detector, but a medal detector and a metal medal detector as well?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4272 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
United States
4075 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Debrajc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, we would love to follow your journey.

Are you putting together a slabbed set?
I am working on a PCGS slabbed set myself and
there are a few dealers on eBay I have made
some purchases from. It's going very slowly!
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not necessarily required to be slabbed if I feel comfortable with the grading and that the coin is problem free. I've been sticking with less than $120 per coin so far. But, know I will need to go above that for key dates.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3063 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Of sets that I am working on, IHC's are a tough series. SLQ's and Buff's could be argued as tougher series, but IHC's are in the mix. There IS a lot of GREAT info available though. HIGHLY advise to buy the book(s) dedicated to this series.

Please keep us updated on your progress.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1668 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Check bandsdean's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add bandsdean to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you have time, post your want list in our want list Forum. I bet you'll find some good values there.
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought the Official Red Book - Guide Book of Flying Eagle and Indian cents book by Richard Snow. That has been quite helpful.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7394 Posts
 Posted 03/23/2018  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm looking forward to seeing your progress!
Bad puns make me [sic].

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2018  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add eastrockcoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting! Would love to see pics and updates. I started with Indian Heads, and then got into large cents, then colonials, now funky foreign coins that circulated in colonial America. Watch out! You never know where it might lead!
Valued Member
United States
201 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Been pretty active. Currently have 1901 to 1909 in MS63 or 64RB.looking for a nice 1909-s in AU58 or MS63RB or MS64BN.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2192 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jerryc39 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rick Snow is a noted dealer for Indians and has a lot of nice coins. The Penny Lady is another.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16673 Posts
 Posted 04/01/2018  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I collect those by the roll.
Sort of wishful thinking. I have several Albums of those and always trying to upgrade. Coin shows are getting weaker with great selections.
just carl
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05