Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Show Pick Up Morgan 1883 CC DMPL

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,696Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
925 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  01:19 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Since my birth year is 1983, I always like when I come across a nice 83 coin. Kind of wanted one of these for a while. Now I have one. Let me know what you think..

View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Edited by Jon Brand
04/09/2018 01:22 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1467 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
definitely DMPL.

Not sure about MS65.

If the price was low, then perhaps a good buy.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3174 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  01:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the pics are way too huge, please resize
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17077 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  02:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I feel forced to agree with Coconutjoe.

Really nice looking coin, definitely DMPL, but
those dings and scuffs on cheek make it less than 65.
MS63 or 64 is what I would expect.

Comparison with PCGS Photograde should confirm.
Pillar of the Community
United States
655 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ron6788 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mirrors are great! I know PCGS takes that very seriously before giving a DMPL grade.
Learn More...
United States
87820 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS-63DMPL.
Pillar of the Community
United States
619 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JJuliano to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. If you're happy with it that's all that matters.
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
"When angry count to ten. If very angry, count to one hundred." - Thomas Jefferson
"Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
"How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it." - Marcus Aurelius
"Collecting coins are like potato chips, you can't have just one." - Anonymous
Pillar of the Community
United States
2071 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The marks on the cheek might be luster breaks rather than true hits. I would have said MS-64DMPL based on the pics, but I couldn't disagree with PCGS without seeing it in hand.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9280 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Light reflecting back to the camera lens can be brutal. I would have said 64 as well but I'm guessing some of the hits are actually frost breaks also. A DMPL in this generation holder is a coin you can shave with. Very nice!
1883-O Nut
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48925 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Must agree - just a beauty!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You gotta remember with dmpl coins is that the coin shows marks much easier than non pl/dmpl coins. The fields are not bad and the cheek isn't bad either. Dmpl coins are hard to get above 65 because of the marks. 66 dmpl are very rare. I think it was a tad overgraded too I think 64/64+dmpl
Pillar of the Community
United States
925 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  2:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the hits look worse in the photos but maybe I am wrong. I am not an expert on these. I will post a few more pics in a few minutes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
925 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not sure my macro photos here help my case lol! The reason I thought the grade was fair is because I have seen 66* NGC coins like this but again, you guys are the experts! I paid around 1050. I think its beautiful in person but I like your honest responses.

Pillar of the Community
United States
3210 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Imthealphaomega to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those scratches on the cheek are probably die polishing marks.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17077 Posts
 Posted 04/09/2018  6:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand why this coin is a star in your collection, and why you are very pleased to own it.
I would be too!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 1,696Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05