Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

China Zhe Zong or Northern Vietnam coin or?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Finland
3 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  08:47 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ollisaarinen to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have tried to identify this coin. I bought a lot of Chinese cash coins and this was identified as Chinese Northern Song cash coin. But this is not exactly similar as China Zhe Zong coins are, check for example Bao character. This also has some characters on reverse side. One of my friend suggest this could be Northern Vietnamese coin but I have not found similar from there either (Nguyen Huu Thong Bao). Can anyone of you help me?
Coin weight is 3.6 g and diameter 23.8 mm.

Bedrock of the Community
Canada
11918 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2018  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joseph7420 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about Japan?

Your coin resembles this Yuanyou Seal script cash piece from China; however, that type does not have reverse characters. That brings me to this piece. It is a Japanese 1 mon that was struck from 1616 to 1646, based on the style of the coin in the first link. Those ones do have symbols on the reverse, but I do not think your combination is listed on that page.
Finland
3 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  07:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ollisaarinen to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll have to check Japan catalog also, thank for informing me.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05