Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Indian Cent Monday post your pics.

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 7

Japan
38 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  6:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add silversurfer9679 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I wanted to share my Indian cent collection and passion. So every Monday I will post one Indian cent from my current collection that I have been working on completing,

Please feel free to share and post pics of your Indian cent !

Bedrock of the Community
United States
24101 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Nice coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Japan
38 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silversurfer9679 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome, I'm looking to enjoying the forum and reading everything I can, I also have a passion for Liberty Head $ 5 gold pieces.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28977 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, that's quite a way to start a thread! What a wonderful coin! If this is any example of the rest of your collection, we're in for quite a ride.

But first, tell us how you got interested in this series, and how much of it you have acquired since being in Japan.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
04/15/2018 7:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
3103 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
WOW! That is a wild entry!!

Welcome aboard!
Japan
38 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silversurfer9679 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I started collecting coins when I was young back in the 70's. and always enjoyed the Indian cents because they were affordable and plentiful. I started with the old coin books mostly filling them with good to fine examples.

I stop collecting for many years and just recently started collecting again in the last couple of years. I'm a little older now, lol and can afford to collect the coins that appear to me. I always found the Indian cent to be both a beautiful coin and historical, The design is timeless and bold, it's by far my favorite series.

I have a feeling you are going to enjoy my future Monday posts if you like this coin. My set is about 2/3 done and it's been a great experience searching different auctions and such attaining my coins. I'm American living and working in Tokyo and we do have coin show here but their mostly international coins on offer. The biggest show will be at the end of this month and generally attracts all the major players PCGS, NGC and etc.
Cheers,
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8467 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First welcome to CCF. Second, I'm looking forward to seeing more eye-candy each Sunday night (you guys are a bit ahead of us in time).
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28977 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  8:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So you basically buy via auction or through the mail?
Japan
38 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  8:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silversurfer9679 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, when it's comes to graded Indian cents, lower grade raw coins can be found in Japan at local coin shops but typically not graded coins. I have pickup some amazing trade dollars and gold coins though at my local coin shops.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8134 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  11:05 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

That's a beauty to begin with! I'm looking forward to the following posts.

"Baseball gets you out in the fresh air and keeps you from talking about your neighbors."
-Lib Dooley

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Learn More...
United States
61648 Posts
Japan
38 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silversurfer9679 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A new Indian cent to share with the thread. Please post your Indian cents !

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28977 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh Mamma!
Edited by Coinfrog
04/23/2018 6:54 pm
Valued Member
United States
125 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cleatis87 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am a fan of Indian Head cents as well, though I do not have many. I really like how the BN designated cents tone.

Japan
38 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  8:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silversurfer9679 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, beautifully toned coin. Thanks for sharing
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17035 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2018  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need all those for my Albums. I'm not a big fan of slabs so they would go right into my Albums.
just carl
Edited by just carl
04/23/2018 9:10 pm
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05