Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

So collection is getting a bit big :)  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Australia
61 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  6:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So now that I have a bit of a collection after spend a good bit of dosh. I have a new problem how should I sort them? Mainly have predemcial collection with some multiple years and probably will be still adding however going to slow down, since this is a hobby.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14259 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I enjoy setting up my albums with 2" x 2" and 2.5" x 2.5" for my raw coins and 9 pocket pages for my TPG and arranging them together by date.

It's more interesting to me to see coins that were issued together rather than one denomination or type.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3030 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
as above said, put them into 2x2's and then into 20 pocket pages and in a binder so you can stare at them all day long :)
Valued Member
Australia
150 Posts
 Posted 04/15/2018  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinOS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put them in 2x2 like said above and then into album pages.
I sequence them chronologically and have a separate album for sixpence/shilling/florin/other.

I chuck the whole lot in the safe and try not to think about how many thousand bucks I just spent.
Valued Member
Australia
61 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2018  12:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I like CoinOS style the best since there is a limited range to Australian coinage. Probably get anthor folder for the foriegn coins.
Valued Member
Canada
332 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2018  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't done this yet but planning to.

With today's inexpensive printing charges. I am going to take pictures of my coins and make an album. A nice high quality one. So if I ever want to show someone or have a look for myself, all I have to do is pick up a book. The hardware goes in the bank vault.

Pillar of the Community
Australia
1069 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  06:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put them sequentially in albums too and the dupes etc go in another album.
Valued Member
Australia
61 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What dont understand is I find album with all these perdemcial coins and then they will put all these rubbish coins with them ... I dont mean fakes, I mean like 20 cent pieces or like 50 cent pieces, its bloody annoying in my eyes I mean yea sure these values my change, but come at least find good examples of aus 50 or 20 cent coins. I mean I feel it just cheapens the look of their great collection even if they arent worth much.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.43 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05