Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2016 Harpers Ferry Quarter Error

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 5,573Next Topic
Page: of 3

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  9:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Gdcole to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone. First post here. I found this Harpers Ferry quarter in a roll I picked up at the bank. I'm located in Berwick, Pennsylvania.

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Pillar of the Community
967 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add still lookin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very Cool.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47320 Posts
 Posted 04/19/2018  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please start a new thread for your coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  12:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I split your post from that older thread.

United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gdcole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I apologize if I placed my post in the wrong location. I noticed a member mentioned they were looking to see where, if any of that same quarter popped up. I'm relatively new to numismatics, and am not sure where I can find the proper category that quarter would fall under. Has it been recognized as a die error in the community? Lastly, does anyone have a ballpark figure of what it would be worth? I'm more interested in completing my sets than die errors, so I'll probably be looking to part with it.
Valued Member
United States
496 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a pic of the obverse side of the coin? Is that a strike through? It looks the rim is raised quite a bit
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are seeing an error, please make a mark on the photo to point it out, or at least describe what you are seeing as an error.
I don't see anything odd about the coin on the right. And the coin on the left looks like it might be a dryer coin. Can you get a picture of the edge?
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gdcole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first picture I posted showed the same 2016-D Harper's Ferry quarter. The error coin on the left, a normal comparison quarter on the right since it seems so distorted. Here is a picture of the obverse error coin.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gdcole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Phil mint. Sorry about that.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47320 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a struck through. Probably a Grease Filled Die issue. But closer images would help a bit more.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gdcole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a closer view. I hope this is able to help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2178 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Reverse looks like a dryer coin.
Are you sure that's the correct obverse pic?
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gdcole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Weird right? Yes, the picture of the obverse is the same coin.
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gdcole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While digging around seeing if anyone else has a quarter like this, I found this article. Is this the same quarter I have?
https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-c...ers.all.html
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  01:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am trying the link you provided, but it doesn't seem to be connecting to a web site.
EDIT - it is bringing up a site, but the screen goes blank like it is loading something else.

You might need to edit your post to correct the link. Here is how to edit the post:
https://www.coincommunity.com/forum/faq.asp#edit
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 04/20/2018  02:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gdcole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Geez I am not good at internetting... Not sure how to fix it, but I tried this and it works. I went to http://www.coinworld.com and in the search, type: "A 2016 quarter that shows unprecedented die wear". That will bring up the article that I found.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 31 / Views: 5,573Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05