Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Just Bought A Lot On Ebay

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,580Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  8:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys-

Sometimes mining eBay can pay off! There was another recent post about finding a rare Roman in an eBay lot.

Sellers that are ancient ignorant, and also some sellers that post lots, don't always check their coins real close.

Here are two pics of the lot I just won for $105. I have not received them yet, but included are lots of Byzantines- a real nice Anastasias and a super nice Anonymous. Some common Romans. A couple of Greeks, an Islamic, two silver 1600s, and etc. I might need your help on a couple of the non-Romans. 28 of these coins will more than pay for the $105 I paid for this lot.

NOW for the two hidden Roman gems in this lot! Can you find them? Let me know if you can. WOOT!

Later-

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4186 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooooh! What fun!

I see medievals in Row 1, #4 (counting from left), maybe Row 2 #5, and Row 4, #3 (one of those ubiquitous eagles from central Europe) and #5.

If you blow those up for us, I am sure someone will get them quickly.
Edited by tdziemia
05/03/2018 8:21 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6030 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice lot! I bid on that one too, but dropped out at about $75. eBay hasn't been good on mobile lately... totally missed that Florian! Nice buy.

I agree that is a really nice Anastasius... mainly the reason I was bidding!
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CGCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am pretty sure I see a Hanniballianus bottom, 3rd from the left.
Learn More...
United States
18290 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  9:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I might need your help on a couple of the non-Romans

I'm looking forward to seeing what arrives!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
23415 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Check echizento's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add echizento to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a really nice lot, lot's of Byzantine coins and I also see a Cilician Armenian 4th on the top row.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4266 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  10:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent buy. Keep us posted!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5531 Posts
 Posted 05/03/2018  11:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bob L to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I also see a Cilician Armenian 4th on the top row

Perhaps Levon II. For comparison, the OP coin with two Levon II's:

Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your responses. I should have the coins by early next week and will post good pictures of the Florian and the Hannaballianus here. The other non-Roman coins that I have questions on will be posted separately as per the rules. Thanks again-

Valued Member
Lithuania
363 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  10:35 am  Show Profile   Check giedrius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add giedrius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The first one - Lithuanian half-groat of Sigismund the Old, can't recognize the date unfortunately. The date is on obverse at 11-11.30. This is the type of 1509-1516. Book about these coins, we wrote, http://goccf.com/t/282866#2593952

Catalogue of Lithuanian half-groats 1495-1529 http://goccf.com/t/282866
Valued Member
Lithuania
363 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  10:50 am  Show Profile   Check giedrius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add giedrius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another coin - Swedish dreipoelker, minted in occupied Polish Elbing, dated 163? More about in http://www.home.neab.net/gandalf/co...s/elbing.htm

Catalogue of Lithuanian half-groats 1495-1529 http://goccf.com/t/282866
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
3319 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the last coin in row 2 might be another Cilician Armenian?

Also, pretty sure the last in row 1 is Islamic, so it would be medieval as well. Can't figure out what it is, however.
(EDIT: same for the bottom right.)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4186 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2018  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Lithuanian half-groat of Sigismund the Old

Well done @giedrius.

I saw that familiar eagle, but could not see the rider.
Edited by tdziemia
05/05/2018 11:02 am
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2018  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Guys-
The coins should arrive today. I will go ahead and post nice pics of the ones of interest that have been commented on here rather than separately later posts. Later-

Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2018  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Lot! Looking forward to the photos.
Valued Member
United States
208 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2018  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pendrak to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are two of the Byzantine coins. The first one is Anastasius 35mm and 18.1 grams and the other is from the time of Basil II and is 28mm and 11.3 grams. Sorry Finn235. Will post more later-

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 2,580Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05