Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Very nice 1943 War Nickel found in single roll of nickels!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  03:20 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DivineLuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I do coin roll hunting often, usually buying multiple rolls or a even a box, however this time I happened to grab a single roll of nickels from the grocery store service desk with the few dollars I had on me, and in that roll I came across this amazing 1943 War Nickel-possibly in MS condition? I was extremely surprised to have found this, and I am guessing it may have come from a recent collector due to its great condition. Please let me know what you think!

*** Moved by Staff moved to a more appropriate forum. ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23684 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  04:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I am not good at grading,but looks high AU to maybe MS63? In the future please crop your pics before posting. That nickel is a great find.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6395 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  05:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Outstanding roll find indeed.

Imposible to accurately grade with the photos provided ... AU at a minimum
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4198 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisma to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You really scored with that one. Congratulations!
ANA member no. 3183942 since 2010.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14465 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They
"stand out like gems amongst the pebbles"
(H.G Wells - Kipps)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8706 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Holy Moly , sweet find . I'm actually forced to call it AU-58 because you found it in the wild .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Pillar of the Community
United States
571 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Find! And it looks in great shape!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking coin
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28168 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2311 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  11:36 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic find.

Was meant to be.
http://goccf.com/t/303774
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Pillar of the Community
United States
7540 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  11:47 am  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SCORE!
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
United States
5529 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2018  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11959 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2018  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find and congratulations! That's one heck of a nice score!
Errers and Varietys
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
226 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2018  3:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BassPro to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 05/10/2018  2:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ilikeabecoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful coin.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
14465 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2018  01:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can't do CRH'ing on U.S. coins in Australia.
My version of finding these, is by being lucky searching through dealers' World $1 junk bins.
I have found two U.S. Wartime Nickles in about this condition, over a period of two decades.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05