Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1915 s LWC - Best guess on grade  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  3:19 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bamasoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I want to hear what my Coin Community experts believe this would be graded and if it's worthy of getting slabbed.

Edited by bamasoe
05/15/2018 3:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
29242 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  3:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a Photograde you can view:
https://www.PCGS.com/photograde/
This is from PCGS. Coin nicks, scratches and somethings like holes and coin gouges will lower the grade. You coin has been cleaned so that also lowers the grade.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
25338 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12, nice example but certainly not worth getting slabbed.
"The value of something is what you can sell it for the same day you bought it."

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3320 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F12 keeper but not a slab coin.
Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Pillar of the Community
United States
3315 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
F-12, do not have it slabbed.
Collector of all classic US coinage.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4934 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the others. Don't bother slabbing it as it would exceed over the coin's value.
Errors And Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14751 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with all those agreements.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5622 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice enough for a album but not nice enough for slabbing.
Having a sense of humor is the greatest thing God gave you! Have fun using it!

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8152 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Going F-10, not enough meat on the bones, wheat feathers aren't defined at 50%, wear and cleaning kill it from any better. Barely hits 10 as is but with that 50% gets a Fine.
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." Lord John Dalberg-Acton

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7909 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe F-15 Details . It sure looks cleaned to me . Do not get it graded , it will be a waste of money .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

United States
40 Posts
 Posted 05/15/2018  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bamasoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! To all the guys that mentioned it had been cleaned, what indications make it clear that its been cleaned?
Pillar of the Community
United States
706 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fayette1800 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would also say F-15. Not sure about cleaning. Color looks a little off.
Valued Member
United States
209 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  12:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It may just be lighting, but the color is a little off as noted above, especially on the reverse.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14913 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fine details, cleaned.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14913 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2018  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
To all the guys that mentioned it had been cleaned, what indications make it clear that its been cleaned?

This coin should be fully chocolate brown. You can see traces of the original color around the rims and an area to the right of the date that was really scrubbed hard.

You you see a circulated coin this light and the old traces of brown around the devices (hard areas to clean), RUN AWAY!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
92 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2018  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
f-15
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05