Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My penny is rainbow colored?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  09:04 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Maemae79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1986 d penny is rainbow colored?

Pillar of the Community
United States
3482 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First, it's not a penny; it's a CENT (look at the reverse).
As for the "rainbow" color, I don't see it in your images.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23258 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is hard to capture toning sometimes in a photo. But it would be just that,toning. No added value and not a variety or error.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
562 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  09:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Maemae79 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well thanks anyways lol.. so for a noob like myself what should I be looking for?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15652 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are doing the right thing already.

You are asking good questions and learning.

That's how most of us learn.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10007 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Geeze man, cut her some slack! She's new to this forum and hobby. Just leave her alone. Anyway, toning is not an error or variety.
Errors and Varietys, the CCF 911 responder and helper. ;-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
1563 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
First, it's not a penny; it's a CENT

Again with this? The people who make them, the US Mint, call them Pennies.
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
27279 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dead horse is right. Pointless distinction.

Anyway -

to the CCF!

Edited by Coinfrog
05/18/2018 3:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
9243 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Pillar of the Community
United States
3482 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  2:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And yet there are plenty of others who will jump all over someone that uses the term double die.

Out on the street it's a penny.
For coin collectors of all levels it's a CENT.
Think about those people who use LMC or LWC.
The "C" stands for CENT, not penny.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
262 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ilikeabecoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are correct, but please forgive them. They mean well.
Valued Member
United States
241 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add truman1404 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think people are saying you're wrong KANGA, they're just saying communicate your opinions without the judgement. Just replace the word "first" with the word WELCOME, and replace "look at the reverse" with BUT THAT'S JUST MY OPINION, and you'll be good to go.

Start a new topic and tell us all the story about how you learned that CENT was the preferred nomenclature, unless the story has too much violence.

Just a little Sarcasm, I think everyone here is great!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
27279 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  3:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8445 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Are we going to go through this again ? ''Maemae79'' ,call it whatever you like ,nothing about it is written in stone .
In my younger collecting days I was a hardliner in calling them Cents . Now that I am a senior collector I don't give two bananas what I call them .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
27279 Posts
 Posted 05/18/2018  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Had enough, kanga?

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.68 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05