Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1965 Canadian half Dollars

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
1 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  5:31 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add dgirardin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a roll of these coins uncirculated am up in the air right now about getting them graded if after I do there is much difference in value when I sell costs 10.00 a coin to grade them so is it really worth spending the money to not get it back in return when selling them
Any suggestions
Thanks
Dan
Learn More...
United States
60341 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  5:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
863 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In general, I would say no for most of the coins in the roll. BV is about $6.50 CAD, MS 64 sells for ~$15 CAD. I would only get the highest quality ones graded (MS 65+), you might get lucky to have 1 or 2 in the roll. Selling the rest, will probably yield a couple bucks above spot after eBay fees.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5436 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

First ask yourself why you are considering getting them graded.

If you are going for resale, then a graded coin will likely bringing more money than a non-slabbed coin. However, there are an awful lot of slabbed coins out there that the person submitting them lost money on by paying to have them slabbed.

If you post some pics on this website and ask for grading help, there are those who can give you an idea of whether the ones you post might be worth slabbing or not.

Remember that grading is only an option some people like, use, and collect. Nowadays its all too easy to get caught up in the marketing idea that grading is an essential step with a better coin.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Real men play Fizzbin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2000 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You would end up losing money by having them graded. If you are a believer in graded coins, then pull out 4-5 that you think are tops and then just sell the rest .. you'll get scrap minus at least 10% because they are UNC, otherwise more off.
Edited by okiecoiner
06/05/2018 6:44 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4657 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  6:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As purelywasted said,
Only the higher grade (MS65 and up)
have any great value. The problem is unless
you know enough about grading to pull these
out of roll, then how do you know which
are the higher grades, that is if there are any.
As there were over 12.6 million minted, they are
not hard to come by in uncirculated condition.
With having a roll of them you might have a hard
time selling them all individually. Maybe you
could take them to a local coin dealer and see
what he might offer you for them.
Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28245 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Save your money.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4591 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  8:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.

Quote:
Save your money.

Valued Member
United States
332 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nutmeg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No I would not get them graded.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4591 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2018  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1405 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Grading 50 cent rolls can go either way...On 65 rolls you'll get mostly MS64 with a few MS65. Although not impossible, an MS66 is difficult. Market price for an MS64 is in the 12-13 range and around 16-17 for a cameo. MS-65 may will yield around 25-30. Donít bother with a dealerís opinion. At these grades the chance that anyoneís opinion will resemble what ICCS will grade them at is nil. My advice on rolls is to send them on a 50 or 100 coin minimum and set a minimum base grade. ICCS will charge you $2.50 per coin to have a look at the coin and not holder it unless it meets your minimum grade which I suggest you set at MS-65. In the end itís a crap shoot but itís always nice when you take a chance on a roll and get a 66 back.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05