Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Got a few National Parks $2 bills today

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
2198 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2018  12:39 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
A friend came visiting today...and he brought gifts!

Along with a couple of classic US coins he brought me these.

I don't usually collect paper currency so this is the first time I have seen these Are they popular to collect like the quarters are?

Either way these are some of the nicest artwork I have seen on US bills in a long time.

Thanks for looking and as usual all comments welcome.

Mont
Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
Edited by MontCollector
06/06/2018 12:41 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1100 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2018  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shotgung to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty cool and great coloring on them.
Heading to Kilimanjaro June 30th, the first of my 7 Summit attempt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1423 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2018  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can see where some people would like/buy these, although Iíve never been a big fan.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3547 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2018  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unless I get evidence to the contrary I believe the design and coloring was done post-BEP.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1423 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2018  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Unless I get evidence to the contrary I believe the design and coloring was done post-BEP.

I donít know you well enough to know if you are joking/kidding, but the coloring and park designs on the OPís notes are DEFINITELY post BEP.
Learn More...
United States
60191 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
599 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2018  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lettow to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These are only interesting if you like over priced, over hyped junk designed to get you to give the manufacturer your good money for their garbage.
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2018  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A friend at work brought me an advertisement for these a couple of weeks ago.
They were $29.95 each and they would send you a different one every month or two. I can't remember the name of the company selling them because I threw the ad into the recycled paper bin where it would do some good.
I never met a man I didnít like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didnít like - DeputyMax
Pillar of the Community
United States
2198 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A friend at work brought me an advertisement for these a couple of weeks ago.
They were $29.95 each and they would send you a different one every month or two. I can't remember the name of the company selling them because I threw the ad into the recycled paper bin where it would do some good.

Wow. They are nice but not worth that much IMO. Not sure where my friend got em. But as I stated these were a gift therefore cost me nothing.
ANA Member #3185431
Valued Member
United States
145 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was thoughtful of your friend to give them to you and I'd let him know how much I appreciate the gift. I'll bet it was a bit of a sacrifice for him to obtain them.
I'd pair the bill with the corresponding quarter and keep them as a conversation piece and show him.
I never met a man I didnít like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didnít like - DeputyMax
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
407 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mtuma3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are done by Merrick Mint... They sell all kinds, national parks, wwii, etc. Most are priced from $13-$30 each.

Cool to look at, but I doubt they will ever go up in value.
ANA Member
Mark
Official Snowbird!
Illinois in Summer, Florida in Winter
Pillar of the Community
United States
2198 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  02:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'd pair the bill with the corresponding quarter and keep them as a conversation piece and show him.

Great Idea!! I have them displayed on a bookshelf now. Might have to put something together that will hold the bill and the quarter. Hmm time to brainstorm.
ANA Member #3185431
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28151 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Glad you like them, to me they're just a gimmick.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2198 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Glad you like them, to me they're just a gimmick.

From the sound of it...I agree. These are the kinds of things I warn people not to sign up for.

I do like the artwork and this is what I consider these. This is the kind of art I have in my house. No modern scenes, just nature. It is also the reason I live in rural Montana. Nature everywhere.

For example this little guy was born in my yard 2 days ago. I almost ran it over when I went to mow that day.

The mother gave birth, cleaned it off and left it in the taller grass while she went off to feed. She showed back up about 6 hours later when the sun was going down.

This happens every year in my yard around this time. Sometimes one is born other times several are. Either way my yard ends up being a playpen/nursery for deer as we are the only non hunters here.
ANA Member #3185431
Edited by MontCollector
06/07/2018 4:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4538 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True ,very nice colors.
Only as an information**
Did you remember this:
http://survivalus.blogspot.com/2010...ks-scam.html
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28151 Posts
 Posted 06/07/2018  6:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MontCollector - Great pic for sure, thanks.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05