Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1883 Shield Nickel 5c

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,500Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its been dipped since original pix. Too bad, gets a max of AU50 Details cleaned IMHO now. Liked it before, gave it a 5/10 then, now is 3/10. How do I know? The halo around stars and removal of gunk, and the stain on rev 7 o'clock is gone. If you cleaned it you goofed, or seller bait/switched on pix...it is the same coin (Spidey cracks). Overpaid for that coin, was iffy price for original pix, new pix shows common date (no variety) at 25% over value.
Edited by Crazyb0
06/19/2018 2:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With the new pics, I think XF-45 Details, cleaned.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7584 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  9:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this one shows about 95% luster in hand. some of it is visible in the pics.
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2018  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, luster is absent in pix. Your pix taking may need some tweeking then. If I hadn't seen the die cracks, I woulda said another coin from the dispairaty of seller and your pix. See the same on the 67/rays...looks cleaned because the fingerprints in sellers pix are absent. That indicates someone ain't got the true capture...you or them, and I actually prefer the honesty of sellers pix, if it didn't look like that, I'd be returning the coin. Simple as that...
Edited by Crazyb0
06/19/2018 9:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7584 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it's not cleaned.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 20 / Views: 1,500Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05