Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1984 DDO Ear/Beard/Off Rotation (LMC)  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  2:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add theking13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

Hello,

I think I finally found my first error coin!

I looked at Coops 1984 DDO comparison and it matches with the DDO.
I also noticed the overse is rotated at 'least' by 10 degrees.

If this is a true error and worth a bit of money, what should I do with it? Should I get it graded?

I looked around the web and some say it could be worth between $20 - $200. I want to protect it but not sure if I'm too excited or need to simmer-down. Thanks

Pillar of the Community
United States
2692 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, you sure did.Very nice DDO Congrats.
Looks like the DDO-001 Can we see the pic. from whole coin?
Edited by Chase007
06/13/2018 2:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5846 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At very least - put it in a cardboard 2X2 for now to protect it.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1939 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Check BigSilver's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BigSilver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats. That sure does look like the one.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6436 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find and congratulations! That's a hard hard to find and obtain. I found one last year in May, while searching through circulated bankrolls from a box of U.S. Pennies that I got from my bank.

BTW, it's a variety, not an error coin. This happened in the die making process.
Errors And Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
06/13/2018 3:16 pm
Valued Member
United States
250 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ramjethero to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great find. That is one of the hard ones!! Congrats.
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add da Swampster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet find, ^5 !

Swamp
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22646 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. Please post full coin pics front and back. If you slab it,you may want to use ANACS because they cost the least.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5846 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
^5

So what exactly is this?
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6436 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:53 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mark, I think it's supposed to be an emoji, but it won't show up on CCF for some reason. He's probably using his phone.
Errors And Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5846 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So David are you getting the same thing? Or is it on my end?

United States
48 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add theking13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone! I'll load the full coin after I get off from work.uoW
Could this cause an off rotation as well? The pictures will show how rotated it is.

The coin is in decent shape and stored 2x2.

What can this be worth, and would it be more if it's evaluated by ANACS?

Sorry for all the questions. I do appreciate the feedback, it helps me learn!

Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6436 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So David are you getting the same thing? Or is it on my end?

Nope, it's not just on your end. It's on my end too. It's happens all of the time, whenever he tries to use that emoji from his phone.
Errors And Varietys.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
06/13/2018 4:03 pm
Valued Member
United States
226 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add piercethegrimes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check eBay sold listings and you'll get a feel of what the 1984 DDO in different conditions go for. Photos of the full obverse/reverse would help
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6436 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Check eBay sold listings and you'll get a feel of what the 1984 DDO in different conditions go for. Photos of the full obverse/reverse would help

Very good advice. Check eBay for values.
Errors And Varietys.
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add theking13 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's full coin pics which shows rotation. Thanks

Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.89 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05