Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Coin Date Do You See  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  5:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Shellioness1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
HELLO coin family!! As promised in my last post I am posting a pic of a coin I found in my first box of $25 worth of 1c rolls from the bank. I only began coin hunting in November about the day I joined this community. I was buying rolls at the local stores and a couple of bars around the corner. I'm not a drinker but I know they deal with a lot of locals so I gave it a shot I had a few good rolls from them and the grocery store. I needed a bigger challenge now that I felt that I knew more about the hobby thanks to you all! Anyhow my first box and about 5 rolls into the 50 rolls of coin))s I came across a very dirty grimy and unreadable coin. I could see a slight hint of a date but not much. After soaking in my homemade extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil for a period of exactly 4 weeks I was able to see more of the date. At first glance before soaking I guessed one date and after the first two weeks of soaking I saw another date that knocked me off my feet. So at the end of the 4 weeks I pulled it out and almost fell out if my chair. The date looked more and more like the date I saw upon my studying of this coin for days and weeks. I took photos of the actual coin I thought it was from the internet and laid them over my photos of this coin and matched exactly. (Yes I love researching, detecting & investigating I've actually fought and won many situations in my life because of the not giving up personality I have) anyhow, I posted this pic on another community a while back and was slammed over and over being told I was imagining things because I want it to be this coin so badly. The haters of the world are what keep me going I love it!!the thing is that I wasn't looking for this coin, has no intention on finding one ever, and I actually thought it was a different date at first anyhow. But I would like to find out what you all see and reply with your answers. I am only focused on the date. It has been corroded or damaged or something but I know what I see now what do you see? After you all answer I'll give you my answer. There will be a photo of obverse and reverse. If you would like to see my layover shots with the actual photo of one from the internet on top of my coin please let me know and I will post those also. Ok here we go!! So excited ! First set is after 2 weeks of soaking 2nd set is after 4 weeks of soaking. Anticipation is exciting!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10171 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's no date. It's a dateless Wheat cent. It looks like it was dipped in acid.
Errors and Varietys, the CCF 911 responder and helper. ;-)
Valued Member
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  6:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ramjethero to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Regardless what the date is the condition of the coin will render it pretty worthless.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4166 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  6:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
keep looking
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
27343 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Why do you care about the date on such a worthless coin?

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1275 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

And Alrhough not entirely worthless. It's worth face value and I'd keep it as an "Example of a really damaged coin"
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
589 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  7:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chipjones to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think the Op is thinking it may be a1943 copper.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4166 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can participate with this coin at :
http://goccf.com/t/284217
Pillar of the Community
United States
1546 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jasper62 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
haters of the world are what keep me going

Haters of the world have nothing to do with it. It has no date. There's really nothing to debate
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15652 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  8:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I loved your story. Thanks for sharing that.

But I hope you are kidding on the coin. It's one beaten beast of burden.
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Keep all wheat cents but wouldn’t keep those.
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  8:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Shellioness1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! Lol. I said haters of the world keep me going because they do. It has nothing specific to the coin or the date just the nonsense they post as replies to my post about a coin that I was looking to everyone for their thoughts and opinions not the judgement of my story and what I think. I am very aware that this coin is beyond damaged. I did my research like I said and I have been to dealers and coin shows specifically because of this coin and so I know exactly what the outcome of me getting so excited over a coin in this condition is gonna be. I just wanted to share and get your thoughts. There could have been one individual that agreed with what I saw. You don't know until you ask. Thanks to you all for your replies. Talk soon.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10171 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's no haters on here. I don't know why you think there is. Also, nobody was judging your study. Why do you say this?
Edited by Errors and Varietys
06/13/2018 8:54 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6301 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You pretty much got the same answers from "that other forum". So was this a "Troll down memory lane?"

But really, you may be able to see a date with the coin in hand but by your pictures posted it's impossible to see a date
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on a Dansco 8167 Kennedy half album while waiting for the 8166's to become back in stock.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9273 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*** Edited by Staff - Yes. ***

Edited by Crazyb0
06/13/2018 11:10 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10171 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's definitely not a Steel Cent. It's a deteriorated Copper Cent. End of story, period.
Edited by Errors and Varietys
06/13/2018 11:38 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.04 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05