Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canada 1929 small cent high 9 Red?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
705 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  2:06 pm Show Profile   Check JeyRey2000's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add JeyRey2000 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2183 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Paulsz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sure it's got some luster in hand, but isn't captured in the pictures. To me it looks like it'd be a red brown. But remember that grading is an opinion. ICCS is known for having less of a "red" standard than PCGS, and so you see PCGS red cents go for more than what ICCS would call a red cent. I suppose when they graded the coin, they saw it as a red.
If you have any of the following Canadian coins for sale, message me:
1. 1937 Mirror or Matte specimen coins, in SP64 or higher for mirror, and SP66 and higher for matte.
2. 1908 or 1911 specimen coins, in any specimen grade.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
284 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  2:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, it could have browned post-grading if not stored well.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
575 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Check Apitrix's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Apitrix to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that as far as ICCS goes, they grade coins off of rarity as well. So a coin that would normally be a R&B can squeeze into a Red.
Edited by Apitrix
06/14/2018 3:23 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4573 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  3:23 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the coin is a different color in hand..it is more of a wine red toned piece but not exactly what one would call either blazing red or a brown coin. I've held this piece in hand..
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 18 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4573 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Check thedollarman's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add thedollarman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i'll also note this coin was in the hands of ICCS for grading as a regular piece and got red, then again got the ok for red when resubmitted for variety attribution.
feel free to call me Will. I'm a 18 year old collector from Mississauga, Ontario.

my PMs are always open, whether you have a question or simply wish to talk.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28246 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know ICCS has their fans, but I'm not one of them.
Learn More...
Canada
7973 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  6:16 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Finest known eh? I guess I won't send this seller the link to my PCGS coin and burst his bubble...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1764 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  8:49 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i say let the bubble be burst, but they will say different grading company.. blah, blah,,
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1371 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  12:25 am  Show Profile   Check canadian-varieties's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add canadian-varieties to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I learned a long time ago you can never really claim "FINEST KNOWN"...as almost always someone will have a finer one hiding somewhere :)...

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1239 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  12:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My old boss used to tell me Jimmy never say your the best, because the person you are telling this to might think they are the best. He told always say your one of the best two that leaves room for argument.
I think it applies to many things Happy hunting
Pillar of the Community
United States
2000 Posts
 Posted 06/15/2018  03:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's about as far from red as I've seen. Maybe it was red back in the 1970's or 80's when it may have been graded ... and before the air got to it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.9 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05