Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is there a way to know actual dates of issue for 1934 series?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15559 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  6:33 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This is probably an easy explanation, but I've spent the last hour trying to figure it out without success. Obviously WW2 specic notes were printed well after 1934.

I collect US coins by date. I have 13 of the 14 (still looking for a white 34 D quarter MS 65 or 66) for 1934.

I thought it would be great to add some 1934 currency to that set. Any advise appreciated.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Depending on the series designation, notes bearing the date 1934 were issued from that year until 1950, with the designation Series 1934-plain, A, B, C and so forth, as well as the signature combination, governing the exact span of production. A Series 1934-plain $50 bill might have been printed in 1934 but possibly as late as 1945! (Simplified explanation).
Edited by Coinfrog
06/20/2018 6:52 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4288 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Perhaps this table located on http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/chron_s.html will help.

This link has delivery dates when known of various issues http://www.uspapermoney.info/general/deliv_s.html
I'm slowly building my numismatic library--106 works and counting

With assistance, trying to compile a listing of numismatic reference books & materials available to collectors http://goccf.com/t/174749
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15559 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2018  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys.

And big old WOW MeadowViewCollector for that valuable information.

I'd love to get one of each denomination, up to $100. I'm thinking it will be awfully snazzy with my #1 place NGC year set (even without that quarter).

...ahh...something more to hunt for
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was very helpful, thanks MV. I had never seen any info on the issue date for the Series '34-A fifties and this seems to confirm that it is apparently unknown.
Edited by Coinfrog
06/21/2018 11:28 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2018  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mox - If you're indifferent to the issuing district, then you might want to consider TPG graded 65 star notes for each of the denominations. A large number of the regular issues in 65 for this common series are not unusual or special in 65.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15559 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Frog. I'd done a bit of snooping on prices in the last few days, and they were easy to find and reasonably priced. Since 1934 was such a beast for coins, I thought paper might be the same, but was pleasantly surprised otherwise.

I hadn't considered star notes, and I'll take a look at those, too.

I really don't care where they were issued but I am more concerned about when they were printed. If haven't explored the information provided to be certain of that.

I've avoided buying anything but US coins - not ancients, not post 64, not bullion ( ASE AREN"T BULLION -not world, not nuthin but US.

If I explore currency, other than what I had that I'd never sold, I hope that doesn't become a trend. But seeing as most of my year sets are pre-1900, I'm guessing blankets from those earlier years would steal way to much of my money from my type sets.

Again - thanks for comments. I appreciate your expertise.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1367 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  1:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I really don't care where they were issued but I am more concerned about when they were printed. If haven't explored the information provided to be certain of that.

Up until 1990, all US paper money was printed in Washington DC. After that the printing is split between Washington DC and the Western Currency Facility in Fort Worth Texas.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
mox - I know exactly where you're coming from. Paper money got a grip on me about 15 years ago and I ended up selling most of my coins to indulge in it. The appeal of blankets, especially nationals and 19th c regular issues, is mesmerizing and an expensive addiction.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15559 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Frog - the real problem I see is that you can sleep with your coins, but not with your currency
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26694 Posts
 Posted 06/22/2018  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never thought about that!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.6 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05