Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How Far Back Can We Go? Fifth Edition! We Need - 1460 C. E. (A. H. 864) -

Previous Page | Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 349
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14480 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  07:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great coins today!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2918 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  07:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Still, an interesting coin that we don' see often out here
I could say the same about my own coin...

Shirvanshahs, Derbendi dynasty, Farrukhsiyar (Farrukhyasar).
AR tanga, third standard, Shemakha mint.
Album 2471.3, Zlobin type 043.0, minted 892-4 AH [1487-9 AD]. Actual last digit of date off flan (89x is visible but doesn't help).

The 2x2 holder that I bought this in (third photo) described the coin as "type of 892 AH", which made me think that it was actually datable to that year (corresponding to 1487 AD). It doesn't look like it is, however.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2019  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Indeed, it's turning out to be a very interesting day!
I like the clear AH dates on those Delhi sultanate coins.
Edited by tdziemia
12/07/2019 08:53 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14480 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are we blocked at 1486?
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope springs eternal.

(Oh, wait... that had not yet been written in 1486).
Pillar of the Community
Russian Federation
2918 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2019  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add january1may to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Someone should message @Gallienus, and @Zohar444 while we're at it.

(I would've done that days ago, but was too shy.)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7210 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like we're definitely stuck now. All that's left is for the CCF staff to change the thread title to "waiting for 1486/AH891", or something like that.

Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  3:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
All that's left is for the CCF staff to change the thread title to "waiting for 1486/AH891", or something like that.
Done.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14480 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jbuck, since this is the first time that one thread has failed to catch up to a prior revision, have you give any thought to how/when you will terminate the 4th edition and start a 6th edition?
-----Ghanaian proverb

-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2019  7:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A mindbending question.

But I vote we wait a bit for some infrequent contributors (mentioned by @j1m ) to arrive on their white horse(s).
Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@jbuck, since this is the first time that one thread has failed to catch up to a prior revision, have you give any thought to how/when you will terminate the 4th edition and start a 6th edition?
No, never entered my brain.

Quote:
But I vote we wait a bit for some infrequent contributors (mentioned by @j1m ) to arrive on their white horse(s).
I agree.
Valued Member
Canada
169 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the earliest this thread can possibly go?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question!

Given the rules of this game, I wonder if anyone has stitched together the answer, i.e. the continuous retrospective record of numerically dated coins in any numbering system and/or undated coins attributable to a given Gregorian calendar year ... and/or undated coins attributable to any stretch of time under 365 days?
Learn More...
United States
80953 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What is the earliest this thread can possibly go?
The current record is 1461 C. E. (A. H. 865) post in the 4th edition.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2845 Posts
 Posted 12/11/2019  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that's one way to answer the question, but the other is to ask what coins exist that could keep the thread going back farther in time, even if they are coins too rare or expensive for any of us to acquire.
Page: of 349 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.98 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05