Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

$5 and $10 Draped Bust gold coins

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1107 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  12:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Those are a couple of beautiful coins you have there. The true-views you have are of better quality than any of the auction houses could supply, those are the images you should ask to be used.
For coins of this quality, I would highly recommend legend as a venue. They may even offer to buy them directly from you.
Thanks for sharing!
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brontobrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have a web link for “legend” ?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14340 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If you are the kind who likes to make jaws drop, wander in an talk to them about putting the two coins in one of their signature (high end, big PR) auctions.

You walk in with those they will be interested, but there won't be any jaws dropping. Seen it too many times and too often.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1107 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you have a web link for “legend” ?

https://www.legendauctions.com

United States
11 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Brontobrat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Danke!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4178 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2018  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dsfreeworld to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Danke

lol!

Condolences on your loss. Your FIL had a great eye for gold.

IMHO, if you don't need what will amount to a net of probably near $32.5K than hold for now. The $10 gold is sold more frequently sold based on current auction records but as the more valuable of the two you could sell that, net $18k and hold the $5 gold for another 5 to 10 years and get near the same if not more increasing your cash out and allowing you have a nice holding with some ensured cash in the future.

Good luck.
Valued Member
United States
290 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  12:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centsei to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coming in late, but beautiful coins. As a bit of a side note, I discover that one is never too old to learn something, even something that would seem obvious. I observe that these coins do not have the denomination denoted on the coin. If I'm not mistaken, the Capped Bust half eagle and eagle started displaying the denomination in 1807. I'm going to have to go dig around to find other coins with no denominations, and see if there is any pattern to it. A quick Google search provided less information than I expected. So strange. I've been collecting coins and studying them for almost 60 years, and I never noticed this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1989 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2018  02:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would definitely check with great collections. I have successfully sold a lot of coins through them and was always pleased. They will also take care of sending your coins to CAC which you will definitely want to do and can even give you a cash advance prior to the auction. http://www.greatcollections.com
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05