Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Imagine my excitement when I saw this 1963 (LMC) starting at me in a roll,  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  10:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cmurph to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***

Can anyone help me value this coin and best way to sell?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4021 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe it's because I'm a Crazy Canuck and don't know, but out of curiosity,
why do you think it is worth more than a regular circulated coin.
Am I missing something?

You can buy uncirculated ones for around a dollar.

Pillar of the Community
United States
8831 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  11:16 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check eBay at just how many "BU" (circulated=wear on coat) Memorial cents languishing unsold there are before you quit your day job.

Been there(CCF), and there(eBay), and there(auction houses), and even there( (207) Not Allowed - Auto-Removed )...done that over again and again...still can't afford to buy a cheap T-shirt!

Edited by Crazyb0
06/25/2018 11:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1472 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is a nice circulation find. Fun to keep, but doesn't have too much value. I'd keep it!
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cmurph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So high grade Lincoln cents arenít valuable? How come?
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19337 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have an entire 5 gallon bucket of them, all 63s and 64s, that we give away to kids at shows.
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cmurph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I donít understand. :( it was in a roll of circulated coins.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2266 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  12:01 pm  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Itís still a great find. Hopefully you can upgrade your 1963 in your collection. Some years, for some reason, really good circulating examples are common.
http://goccf.com/t/303774
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Edited by chafemasterj
06/25/2018 12:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1340 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  12:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coconutjoe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is very nice find, especially 50+ year old BU cent.

Although it does not have huge price tag, it's worth keeping it, IMO.
"Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it."
- Albert Einstein

If you SEE a post milestone, 250, 500, 1000, 2500, 5000, 10K+, click below.
http://goccf.com/t/316031#2688706
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Not all Lincoln cents in BU condition are worth more than face value! The coin in question is NOT a key date coin, not a DDO/DDR, and not a error or variety! I recommend purchasing a 2018 RedBook, this will give you an idea of the values as well as key dates etc...

And stick around! There is a variable plethora of knowledge to be obtained here!
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7572 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cmurph, it is a way cool find and amazing that it is in such good condition. The problem is that there are a gazillion of them out there still in old Whitman folders, bank rolls, and (in the case of our @bobby) 5 gallon buckets.

Yours is great coin, but just not rare or valuable. Certainly save it in a 2x2 if you want--but there isn't a numismatic premium for it.
"It certainly strikes the beholder with astonishment, to perceive what vast difficulties can be overcome by the pigmy arms of little mortal man, aided by science and directed by superior skill." --Henry Tudor (the lawyer not the king)
Pillar of the Community
United States
740 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Itís still a great find. Hopefully you can upgrade your 1963 in your collection. Some years, for some reason, really good circulating examples are common

It's a nice example to have in a LMC collection, especially if you collect from rolls!
Searching for some US modern coins (cents through dollars) via my want list.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26718 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep looking!

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15032 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Without clear pictures, it's hard to determine the grade/value. Generally, the 1963's found in circulation aren't worth much unless they are very high grade, i.e. MS-66 or higher.

http://www.PCGScoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/2884

Here's mine, found after searching ten's of thousands of coins:

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
06/25/2018 4:55 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15032 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

They are VERY valuable in high grades, especially wheat cents. As far as Memorial cents, don't listen to most people, they can be worth a ton in the highest grades. Most collectors dismiss them and will tell you their worth 1 cent - that argument loses at the highest grades:

https://www.PCGS.com/prices/pricegu...ent+(modern)

I found a Memorial cent searching bank rolls that I sold for $550.....that should put it in the proper perspective!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
06/25/2018 5:00 pm
United States
19 Posts
 Posted 06/25/2018  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cmurph to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Iíve heard of high grade cents selling for thousands at auction just because theyíre the highest grade or just ms67 and up. Maybe if theyíre just circulated and still high grade and not uncirculated thatís what makes them of value maybe?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05