Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Barber dimes, whats a good buy price for well worn coins?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  4:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's been a while since I bought any Barber coins. Well worn, or your average melt looking coins in my opinion, I don't have a picture. Thanks in advance.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15494 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slick Barber dimes are usually available in the 13x to 15x area at most LCW I frequent. It's possible to pay less for larger purchases.
Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Moxking, he's wanting $2 each, and I didn't think they were worth it. I just missed out on an opportunity last year to pick up 1,000 for a dollar each, that one still bothers me. I'll probably offer $1.50 each.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26599 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  6:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they're just "average circ" (AG-G), then $2 is way high.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Check Mister Kairu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Mister Kairu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I think my lca has them at $1.50 so happy to hear you passed at $2 each
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6315 Posts
 Posted 06/28/2018  6:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Concur with somewhere in the $1.30 to $1.50 range each - thats well above melt for these well worn coins - but some credit as well to numismatic 'value' for the Seated series.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3061 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add acloco to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Google "silver coin calculator" and weigh the lot. Pay based on silver content.

LOTS of vendors make their money on the LARGE split between ag/g/vg/f/vf/xf coins - purchase by weight and sell via face value X.

13 to 15 x face is way too much to pay for worn 90% silver.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16662 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you see any dates on them? Never can tell if you find a good one.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
1691 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  09:25 am  Show Profile   Check The_Duke's eBay Listings Check The_Duke's eCrater Listings Bookmark this reply Add The_Duke to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I try to pay melt, if I can. As of today would go as high as 15x if dates are visible.
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jafo50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Today's melt value is about $1.16 each. I think $1.50 is still high for AG's unless they are key dates.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1376 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  11:30 am  Show Profile   Check Andrew99's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Andrew99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Barber change sells at ~14x face. $2 is a good price for just 1 or 2.
The collection is in your mind. Dispose of your albums and free your mind from the tyranny of holes.
Pillar of the Community
United States
758 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up 388 for $1.50 each, will post a picture later.
Valued Member
United States
270 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  03:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atchisonbj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cull and AG Barber dimes get usually 1 point (one face value point) over junk 90% but that assumes that you are not looking at the real common dates. I treat 1910-1916 (except 1913-S & 1915-S semi keys) as junk 90% in those grades. For a nice mix that has several different dates going back to the 1890s with different mint marks 1 point over melt would be max. Now that same mix and all the coins grade at least G-4 then 2-3 points over melt (with silver melting at 12 X face that would be 14 to 15 X).
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.67 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05