Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Group of my Toned Gold so far..

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  11:21 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have shown some of these in old threads but there are some new ones thrown in here. These are all with my cell phone, with out editing. Just under LED lights at the right angle and I would say the images are very color accurate.

I know some of you are turned off by toned gold like this, but we all have our thing and this is def a niche market on these. I have the bug, as you can see.. And feel free to post yours!

View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
3941 Posts
 Posted 06/29/2018  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those libs are gorgeous! I honestly didnt realize gold can tone in such a colourful way
Pillar of the Community
United States
3713 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toned gold!
Didn't know it could tone that much.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8803 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  08:57 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1900 & 1907 Quarter-eagles are really looking sweet in these images. Better than 62 and perhaps the toning muted some of the luster because they look choice.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
7489 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  10:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coins! I really like the toning, especially the Liberty Head quarter eagles!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
United States
5634 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Outstanding group of coins. Thanks for sharing with us.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always enjoy your posts with beautiful coins. All I'd ask for was more "coin only" photos without background.

Then I could drool even more
Pillar of the Community
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jon Brand to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Moxking. Not sure you got it a month or so ago, but I messaged you to tell you how much I love your posts.. so I really appreciate the compliment as I really trust your eye and words. I would love to be able to crop these images further but they are taken with my phone and if I crop them, the resolution gets very low and the coins start to not look accurate as they do in hand. And also my phone does not take accurate looking macron detail shots so I found that the slab view is a happy medium of detail vs. real color. Still a work in progress. Some of my coins have been professionaly imaged but this is the best I can do with these at the moment.

Also when I crop these very photos to show only the coin it can make the image appear color edited which they are not. I figure showing the slab, a tiny bit of color around the slab and the light reflection is the most honest way I can show the coins. The background serves that purpose for me mostly. .... to show the truth. I wish I could get better resolution and zoom in more.
View Collection: jbknifeandcoin.com
Edited by Jon Brand
06/30/2018 5:36 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6193 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coins

-

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30452 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2018  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Impressive display for sure!
Learn More...
United States
63761 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
704 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2018  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add two_tonevf35 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are all drop dead gorgeous!
PCGS submissions 2005-2018. Mailings(21) Orders(43) / 249 coin attempts. 12 Fails(5%) / Member vouchers(19%) Economy(62%) Regular(13%) Free(3%) Express(3%) / Barber 50c (46%) Classic Commemorative (38%) Hawaii(3%) SCD (6%) Other(3%)/ Fails: Cleaned(2) Alt surfaces(1) Scratch(1) Damage(1) "86"(3) 2 Columbian & 1 BTW; Min Grade(2) DNC(2)-Same coin NGC XF40 Barber 50c. Express fees paid by seller (cross guarantee). Kept the coin & later submitted raw: PCGS XF40 [eyeroll] Fails: Econ(8) Regular(2) Express(2)/// Other TPGs: ICG (2011-2018): 35/35 NGC: 0 ANACS: 0
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1128 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  06:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very sweet collection of toned gold.
Love it!
Pillar of the Community
United States
796 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2018  08:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm "gold" with envy thanks for sharing.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Valued Member
United States
304 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2018  11:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Centsei to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like them all, but the reverse on the 1850 is stunning.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05