Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US 1943 Series 1C Not Graded Because "Altered Surface"

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
875 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  5:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add n9jig to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, had this really been an original bank roll they would have likely been with the same mint mark, not mixed like your examples.
United States
11 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinking7389 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, fortunately I received the roll from my family. It was found in the attic in an old box of stuff. So that fact made me feel relatively confident they had not been touched in roughly 45 years. On my inspection they looked fine, so I must say that whatever process was used could easily fool an amateur.

The cost of my mistake is an educational investment. I appreciate all of the advice; thank you all.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28858 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  8:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good discussion, best of luck, and show us anything else you might have!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12920 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I'm glad that these were received from your family, and not bought from a dealer. Good luck and I hope you continue to post in the future on CCF.
Errers and Varietys.

More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950

Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05