Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Good images of Bad coins - Counterfeit Dollars (w/7070 pages)  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
7497 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:55 am Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I had some of my counterfeit "coins" imaged and wanted to share some with the CCF. These are housed in my 7070 Album that I pass around the room for "show and tell" instead of my real ones.

Thank you for your interest and comments!
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Edited by oih82w8
07/03/2018 11:32 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
811 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  11:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the look of the first one. Good idea!
Young Numismatist - You are welcome to visit and subscribe to my vlog/blog - http://numismaticswithkenny.com
Pillar of the Community
United States
8764 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  11:38 am  Show Profile   Check Crazyb0's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you saying ALL in the 7070 are fakers? If so, WOW! Wonderful collection. I like oddball sets, and have numerous fakes myself, but nowhere near a type set!

Pillar of the Community
United States
1465 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fascinating and depressing at the same time!
Learn More...
United States
57846 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  2:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Fascinating and depressing at the same time!
Agreed. It does make for an interesting set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
752 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Shouldn't they say "copy" on them?

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
7497 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Check oih82w8's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add oih82w8 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In a perfect, honest world...yes, they should have "COPY" stamped on them.
oih82w8 = "Oh I Hate To Wait"
"I tell her coins keep me off the streets and out of the bars." Moe145
"WOO-SAA...WOo-SAa...Woo-Saa" (calm down)
"An individual who vacillates when there is need of action will find themself beyond the hope of future success."

My Virtual 7070 https://www.PCGS.com/SetRegistry/ty...album/142105
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1914 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! I never thought about that. Now that I have, I am tempted to put together a set-provided I can get them at next to nothing per coin-which is of course all that they are worth. I see that fakes of modern coins must be harder to find.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15475 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've been happy to pay "real" prices on modern issues I've spotted at shows. If it were strictly a matter of rarity the lesser minor issue counterfeits would be much more valuable than the real thing.

I only mention they are fakes after I buy them so no one thinks I'm just trying to belittle a Coin to get a cheaper price. Which can be reprehensible.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
241 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are they contemporary counterfeits or numismatic counterfeits?

I tend to think that contemporary counterfeits are a collectable subcategory in their own right.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8223 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  08:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting project o8! I wonder if the Chinese have knocked off the 7070 album yet?
Member SSDC
Learn More...
United States
57846 Posts
 Posted 07/05/2018  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I wonder if the Chinese have knocked off the 7070 album yet?
They should. It would sell quite well.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1044 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hadleydog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent pictures of some fairly well done fakes.
Thanks for sharing!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.82 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05