Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Washington Quarter Collection...Thoughts so far?  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  7:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey Guys,

Looking around on eBay, and stumbled across a complete set from 1965-2016. Link below:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323329418168

It seems like a good deal to me cause even at face value that is $61.25.

Surely those coins couldn't be messed up enough to not be worth asking price or maybe even a little more right or wrong?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6107 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It seems like a good deal to me cause even at face value that is $61.25.

Just remember - 6 days left - you will be surprised!
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on Whitman Large Cent date set album 1793-1857 (57 holes filled of 64 total) now come the "toughies" - yikes!
United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The person is even selling 2 different 1909 Wheat Pennies. Pictures are a little rough but is 10.99 reasonable or shady?

Here is the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323329734531

Just trying to learn. I've been "screwed" too many times by trusting things too good to be true.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8246 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just realized the Quarters and the 1909 -P are listed for bid and make an offer . Not something I've seen before .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

United States
34 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add noblenumismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must admit I have never seen it until recently either. I would imagine to offer less than the starting bid makes no sense. So is it to try and get the person to remove it early for a "good enough" price.

Personally, I tend to go off of other people if no one else seems interested in the items to me maybe there is a reason for that. And for now I see no watchers or no bids so I might keep a loose eye on things.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
961 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've seen auctions with BIN before, just not that often. In those cases (per eBay rules), BIN is available until someone bids or the reserve price is met, and BIN has to be at least 30% higher than the auction price (I presume that means the starting bid). There's nothing about Make an Offer on the Help page I'm reading, but I presume it's the same deal -- it will be available until someone bids and there's a minimum offer that can be accepted.

It offers a way for the seller to get a guaranteed price if someone offers it, but it has the caveat that it becomes an auction if someone bids before that happens. Could end higher or lower than the BIN/Offer price. That's the chance you take.
Working on: Franklin halves (now complete!), Peace dollars (three to go), US type (Bust era), and just started Chinese pandas.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10465 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wonder if the best offer on the auctions is a coding glitch. I’ve heard with new sellers they have started to implement best offers without warning when they relist something and I wonder if when they added that feature they didn’t differentiate between auctions and BINs.

That said it’s actually not a terrible idea if they made that a free standard option as a lot of people don’t necessairly want to wait for the auction to close
Pillar of the Community
United States
7061 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Auctions with bin has been around for a long time. Alpha gave a good explanation of how it works.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10465 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Auctions with bin has been around for a long time. Alpha gave a good explanation of how it works.

True, but these have been showing as an auction with Best Offer
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, I asked my cousin who sells on eBay for a surplus outfit. And he stated that indeed recently eBay has been allowing this feature, and what how its being used in their sales is. Someone can offer them more than the auction to ensure they get the item. So if someone wanted the Quarters bad enough they can offer $85.00 and if the seller agrees then its a done deal there and its pulled off. But if they disagree the seller can submit a counter-offer or decline it all together.

Pretty near stuff I'd imagine.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16673 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are asking $75 and for about $61 face. Not a bad deal. However, as already stated early in the game. Possibly others will bid it up a lot higher later. Would be a good start in a
quarter collection. From photos, most look in fairly good shape.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do have to admit I am interested in how this plays out cause I see no watchers or no bidders so I wonder with this fly under the radar and sell cheap or will it get into a late bid war.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
1927 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  10:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plus you get 245 capsules. That is worth something if you need capsules. I would say that the seller will lose money if it doesn't get above $75.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26671 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
True, true. This will be interesting, and I'm betting there will be a flurry at the finish.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3385 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  10:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
“Make an offer” has been an eBay feature for at least 10 years now. I like it, and have made coin purchases in the past.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...reluctantly

Roll hunting since '77
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10465 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would say that the seller will lose money if it doesn't get above $75.

They'll lose money even at $75 more than likely. eBay/paypal will take 10-12 and then another 3-5 to ship that

Quote:
Make an offer” has been an eBay feature for at least 10 years now.

For BINs it has, for auctions it has not
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05