Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Agriculture Themed Coins!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 699 / Views: 33,586Next Topic
Page: of 47
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2021  4:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Bangladesh 5 poisha (1974 FAO issue) showing a tractor:
Subtle! I may have never noticed if not told it was there.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9227 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  10:41 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1995 Cuba FAO 1 Peso:

Pillar of the Community
United States
4418 Posts
 Posted 01/19/2021  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lucky Cuss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1995 Cuba FAO 1 Peso

That's a tough one to run across here in the U.S.

Colligo ergo sum
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18148 Posts
 Posted 03/04/2021  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1944 Vichy French State.
1 Franc- light type.

Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18148 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2021  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1973 The Bahamas.
5 Cents - Elizabeth II .

Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18148 Posts
 Posted 03/09/2021  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1972 República Portuguesa.
50 centavos.

Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18148 Posts
 Posted 03/11/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1955 Yugoslavia.
50 Dinara .

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6388 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2021  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The classic series of US commemorative coins is not known for its agricultural themes - there are a number that include a plant branch or full cornucopia as a secondary design element, but I don't consider such elements strong enough to cause a design to rise up to "agricultural theme." So, for me, it came down to one coin...

The 1925 Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial half dollar. The coin was issued to mark the 150th anniversary of the armed clash between American colonists/citizen soldiers and the professional British Army. The battles in these two Massachusetts locations helped ignite the American Revolution.

The obverse of the coin features the Minute Man statue created by Danial Chester French for the centennial of the battles; the statue was put in place in 1875. It is via this statue that I believe the coin's agricultural theme comes into play. The statue depicts an unnamed "minute man" or "minuteman." Minutemen were very often farmers who joined their local militia to protect their homes and farms. They were farmers first, soldiers second.

To help illustrate this, French included a farmer's plow as part of the statue. The statue has been described as depicting a farmer who is leaving his plow (i.e., farm) behind and picking up his long gun to help fight the British.

The coin doesn't perfectly present an agricultural theme, but its obverse design does capture the often rural and agricultural background of those that took up arms against the British to fight for American independence.

1925 Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial Half Dollar

You can read my previous posts about the coin and its original packaging here: 1925 Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial and here 1925 Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial Ephemera.

I've presented a full-color image of the statue here: 1925 Lexington-Concord Sesquicentennial - Coins with Hats Thread.

Other of my posts about commemorative coins and medals can be found here: Read More: Commems Collection.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
03/12/2021 12:10 pm
Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18148 Posts
 Posted 03/16/2021  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1949 J Germany - Federal Republic
50 Pfennig.

Learn More...
United States
103760 Posts
Page: of 47 Previous TopicReplies: 699 / Views: 33,586Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05