Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Online Coin Shopping

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10885 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So unfortunately in ways it sounds like a good bit of this is all up to me and my opinion.

What a scary thought....haha

Lol well you are the one whose supposed to be enjoying them. For a couple bucks like most will be you can't really go wrong with something you enjoy
Pillar of the Community
United States
5530 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The US Modern Coin Grading Forum for modern coins or the US Classic and Colonial Coin Grading Forum for older coins is a great place to post. We can offer opinions on the grade of the coin and its condition.

to the CCF!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks basebal21!

Since losing my father, its a nice place like this and nice people that make coin collecting fun again!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks SilverDollar2017!

I will keep that section in mind and use it very often. I am sure!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:35 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there a place for uploading pics?
Read this. Oh, I am not a harsh guy at all LOL

Kinda blunt maybe but certainly not harsh.

https://www.coincommunity.com/forum...g-images.asp
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
It helps CCF a little. Try it!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all of your help TNG!

You and a few others have made me feel at home tonight and I look forward to some day where maybe I am able to help people get into the love of coin collecting!

Thanks again!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
 Posted 07/03/2018  10:46 pm  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the family
On the left of most every CCF page, I am trying to remember to use CCF Partners links. They are highlighted in lime green!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16917 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not sure about a place with no address shown.
As to Littleton. Way to many complaints about that place with sending you stuff whether you like it or not. And way over priced.
I hate eBay. Always hear about great deals but people just don't talk about all the failures on that site. And there are lots of those. As to on line coin dealers I just never really found a great one. I like coin shows where you can see the real coin your buying.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  10:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks just carl!

That is the trouble I am hearing is its very hard to trust someone online. You definitely have to be careful!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  10:57 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Experience will teach you the red flags of online shopping. So it is best to start out with inexpensive items at first. The crooks usually are crooked with the more expensive stuff anyway.
This CCF site is excellent for questions on fakes too. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
But not always You can get lucky.
As far as trust goes, people have to earn my trust or at least have a good reputation of being trustworthy.
I might loan my bicycle to somebody before I'd loan them my car.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7350 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  11:01 am  Show Profile   Check TNG's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
According to this, If Littleton sends you stuff on approval and you did not agree to have such sent, you don't have to pay for it. You don't have to return it, but they may threaten you with collections.
They are breaking the law. You may need to contact your credit card company if you get such threats to keep your credit rating from being harmed.
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articl...-merchandise
Edited by TNG
07/04/2018 11:04 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10885 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  12:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hate eBay. Always hear about great deals but people just don't talk about all the failures on that site. And there are lots of those.

Its a small percentage of transactions. It's no different than dealers that rip people off in a local store or at a coin show, the only difference is other people can see it on eBay and on eBay the buyer can return the items. In a store or coin show once they're ripped off or scammed they have no recourse.

No venue is safer for a buyer to purchase from than eBay is with it's overly protective policies in favor of buyers
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14315 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
According to this, If Littleton sends you stuff on approval and you did not agree to have such sent, you don't have to pay for it. You don't have to return it, but they may threaten you with collections.
They are breaking the law. You may need to contact your credit card company if you get such threats to keep your credit rating from being harmed.
https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articl...-merchandise

But if you answer an ad or offer from Littleton you will find somewhere in the small print in the ad thatthey will send you approvals. By answering the ad you agree to receiving the approval service. Of course they have to allow you to stop at any time by requesting the approvals stop. Best to do that via a letter that has to be signed for, otherwise they can claiM they didn't receive it. Once they receive the letter any further approvals sent may be considered a "gift" (except for any shipment that may have been in the mail before they received you letter. Since they usually won't send one shipment until the previous one is returned or paid for include the letter in the return/payment for the previous one and get that signature.)
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1864 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you hit 50 posts send me a pm I might have a few Bu coins I can start you out with
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Krazy Kermit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks TNG & Conder101!

If I decide to try Littleton I will keep my eye out. My father collected through them a long time ago before he passed and never had issues from what my mother remembers.
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05