Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1855 Braided Hair Large Cent...You Vs. NGC  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3692 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  9:27 pm Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
One of my pickups from last weekend's auction, pretty happy with it!

Valued Member
Canada
473 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Optimist-numismatist to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63 br?
Pillar of the Community
United States
5204 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  10:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
64bn
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1051 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  10:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bump111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice C-1. I think rev holds to ms63

Edit: forget Cohen number. Had Half Cents on the brain when I read the post.
Still gathering small piles of copper and silver.
Edited by Bump111
07/07/2018 10:38 pm
Pillar of the Community
Korea, Republic Of
1858 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2018  11:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Matteproof to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64 Brown.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4176 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  10:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64BN
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26574 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
64BN, beautiful.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6765 Posts
 Posted 07/08/2018  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It depends on what you want to hear.

If you want to hear only good news, this is a great example of the Upright 5's, with attractive fields free of major distracting marks and some chocolate brown luster.

If you don't mind a bit of contrariness with your news, in my opinion, it's been recolored/retoned or otherwise had a bit of "work" done to the obverse. The area above and in front of the bust is splotchy and the stars/bust outline have a distinct halo effect, two features which are not observed on the reverse which has even, smooth color and no halo. It's possible that this could have occurred naturally, so take my opinion with a grain or two of salt.

Notwithstanding, NGC would most likely say MS 63 BN, and I would have no reservations if they put it into a 64 holder.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
6172 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going with MS64BN. it does have decent eye appeal
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12730 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64BN
Pillar of the Community
United States
3692 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Check Adam_E's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one got MS 63 BN With a green CAC sticker

Thank you all for your opinions and thank you for your thoughts paralyse! I can definitely see what you mean.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5204 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks better than 63 to me
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05