Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Very strange watermark on 100 Dollar Bill

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  12:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add AdrianLikesMoney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So a while back I bought 2 100 dollar bills (big face) on eBay and when they arrived I desided to hold them up to light. One of two I was expecting but the other one Ben looked like a washed up ghost. I don't know how to explain it so you guys can be the judge. I am not saying it's counterfeit I am just saying it's strange.
The one on top is the one I am talking about
Pillar of the Community
United States
1423 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  04:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF Adrian.

Watermarks will differ slightly from note to note.

Fourdrinier watermark
This watermark is produced by ‘flat’ technology machines during the making of paper, the contrasts in the hues are created by the different thicknesses of the fibres in the pulp mixture. As compared to a mould-made watermark, the hue contrasts are less rich and evident, however it still remains one of the most widespread and effective means against counterfeiting of value security paper.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2311 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  08:23 am  Show Profile   Check chafemasterj's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add chafemasterj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the Forum. You’ve come to a phenomenal place to share and learn.
http://goccf.com/t/303774
Check out my counterstamped Lincoln Cent collection:
http://goccf.com/t/303507
Learn More...
United States
60204 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28168 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the Paper Money Forum!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05