Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fredrick Douglass Quarter Not sure what kind of error this is

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:35 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Yellzaboff to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was looking at alot of Fredrick Douglass Quarters and noticed this one one but not on any others. Anybody know about this quarter? Circled in red is the difference, and the coin is the one pictured on the left.

Thanks for input

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11989 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:38 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know for sure. That's strange though. Could it be damage?
Errers and Varietys
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yellzaboff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Doesn't look like damage to me, it is raised
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11989 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh. Maybe other members can give you better input. :)
Errers and Varietys
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yellzaboff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is another picture
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yellzaboff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im not saying its not "Errors and Variety" but I think if you saw it in person under microscope you might have different opinion. Thank you for your help, I certainly respect it since its coming from someone with alot more experience than me. The more I look at the coin, I notice quite a few differences
Edited by Yellzaboff
07/10/2018 11:59 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1309 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  12:01 am  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't tell if these marks are raised or incuse with these images. I think it looks incuse, but you already said it's not.

If it is raised, it's either die chips or die gouges.
If it is not raised, it is damage.

Either way, not a major error.
Valued Member
United States
118 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  12:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Yellzaboff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How about the left eyeball? Looks like its falling out... And some kind of doubling on initials to the left of the left hand
Edited by Yellzaboff
07/11/2018 12:08 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8207 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  02:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't see enough detail on the eyeball with these pics, but the others look like small chips to me.
"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05