Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 LMC (Was There A MM?)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 629Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  12:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, everyone. I need help in determining whether this 1969 LMC had a MM struck by grease (i am picking up phrases from the experts ) thus, its disappearance or there was no MM at all. Initially, my naked eyes saw a small MM which I thought was a "D" MM but the mint set was indicating Philadelphia & San Francisco mints. So, I thought the MM might be a small "S". When I looked under the usb scope, I could not see "S", not "D" & more so, not a "P." I thought it was the plastic of the mint set causing me not to visualize the MM. I took the coin out of the cello & took pictures...for your eyes to see what I could not express in words. Thanks in advance to the experts...

Edited by sosicoin
07/15/2018 12:19 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
8715 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  12:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't see much from the small pics. Some larger pics will help.
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Mint sets then had all three mints. There were some(very very few) instances where there was a goof and a mint was missing or duplicated... But you should have one of each if mint pack. No "small" S's that year.

Newport shows a die gouge/sctatch/indent, something dented die that just appears as a letter, mind tries to tell us it is, but isn't.
Edited by Crazyb0
07/15/2018 12:26 am
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  12:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, SilverDollar2017. I hope the added pictures are better. Let me know if I need to take more pics. Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Crazyb0 for pointing out the info. I looked at the mint set and I found the LMCs with MMs "D" & "S." So, the coin that I took pictures of was suppose to be the Philadelphia LMC. Thanks again.
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  12:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's pretty weird. Maybe Die Damage? I don't know for sure.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47845 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or coin contact. The mint sets are babied like the proof sets. They are pretty much the same or worse than OBW rolls. I gave up buying mint sets in 2000. My first year was 1999. So I see no benefit for these. I will buy rolls of cellos of mint sets and proof sets though. The 80's are the more interesting ones. Some RPMs there on the Denver coins.

My project today was looking at 1969-S cents. I was noticing a lot of MD 1969-S cent submitted, thinking they were the big DDO. All that money wasted. They could have learned here what to look for.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/15/2018 3:07 pm
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/15/2018  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info, Coop. You gave an additional picture for me to file in my Coop's folder. The knowledge you are imparting is growing, so does my computer Coop's folder. I like it...aha...aha...I like it....
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 629Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05