Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972-S LMC Questionable RPM/Inverted MM

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 525Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  03:07 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, everyone. I need help in determining if there is RPM. Too, I have difficulty determining which tip has the ball. Thus, I don't know if the MM is inverted. Is there a clue/s to determine which tip is a ball? Thanks.

Pardon my photography set-up. I have not completed my set-up yet per suggestions of our expert photographer. Hi, Coop. I am turning the coins at 45 degrees angle to catch the change of colors on the MM. Just picking something from Coop's written instructions, pictures and videos. Learning little bit at a time.
Edited by sosicoin
07/24/2018 03:20 am
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you post a clear closeup of the mint mark?
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Fuzzy317. I hope the close up pictures are good enough. Thanks.
Learn More...
United States
14451 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  03:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Fuzzy317 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those are very good closeups. MMS-08 looks like your MM, as it should.
http://www.lincolncentresource.com/..._Styles.html
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  03:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Fuzzy317.
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks normal to me. Maybe you have a damaged mint mark punch issue?
Rest in Peace
10197 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No inverted Mintmarks in Memmorial series, is there?

Punches, especially the S got damaged easily, chipped on inside loops.

I do see a split lower serif, a slight RPM, a an unlisted one apparently, not on CC or VV?
Edited by Crazyb0
07/24/2018 12:56 pm
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  12:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The only inverted mint mark that ever existed was on the 1946 S Lincoln Wheat cent (and it's the only known example with a inverted mint mark throughout the whole series).
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  6:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, Crazyb0, E&V. Thanks. I am just having a hard time distinguishing which tip has the ball. To me, it looks like both tips has ball. This particular MM is like learning how to distinguish a "1982" small & large date. or I am just making it too hard when shouldn't..
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  7:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're very welcome and no problem! I know what you mean though. It will take some time to learn all of this. You've been doing very well so far.
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sosicoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, E&V. Y'all at CCF are very supportive in the learning process of coins. Just taking my time & enjoying every bit of it. I have read in your footnote the words you have coined. That's cool. Carry on....
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2018  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks, E&V. Y'all at CCF are very supportive in the learning process of coins. Just taking my time & enjoying every bit of it. I have read in your footnote the words you have coined. That's cool. Carry on....

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 525Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05