Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2005 Five Cent Flamingo

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 5,406Next Topic  

Australia
37 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2018  05:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add oindarwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi all I know of the 2001 5 cent flamingo but ive got one thats 2005 ... are they the same level of rarity ( or lack of it) as the 2001 ... also what other years have tis die crack and cud?
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5284 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2018  07:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can you show us some piccies of the 2005?

I can't say I've ever heard about a 2005 Flamingo. It would be a great find.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2018  11:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Australia
37 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2018  05:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oindarwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

hope its clear enough
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5284 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2018  07:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done oindarwin! That's a great find

As it's the first I've heard or seen for a 2005 5c Flamingo, the value could be quite high.

Put it in a safe folder, don't handle it except by the edge.

Australia
37 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2018  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oindarwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
noticed there are a few errors in the change over .... 5 cents
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5284 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2018  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
noticed there are a few errors in the change over .... 5 cents

If you are going to post any images of 2016 changeover coin errors, please start a new topic.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1101 Posts
 Posted 08/02/2018  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you mean by flamingos? On 5c
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1851 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2018  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What do you mean by flamingos?

I think the big die crack through the 5 is like a flamingo's leg.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
906 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2018  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What do you mean by flamingos? On 5c

http://goccf.com/t/180600
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5284 Posts
 Posted 08/03/2018  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you look at the 2001 version upside down, the bottom of the 5 resembles the neck head and beak of a flamingo and sometimes an eye may also be apparent.

The 'cud' on the 2005 coin is not quite as developed as the one on the 2001 coins, so the 'beak' is not really obvious.

If you can't see a flamingo, you probably don't really have a 'flamingo' coin.
Australia
33 Posts
 Posted 06/26/2021  03:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a 2001 5 cent Flamingo, this is a small head and small crack line that I just found.
I have much larger ones put away.
Turn the coin upside down and look at the die crack at the bottom of the rim to the bottom of the 5. The crack continues and causes a blob which is the beak of the flamingo .
The die crack can continue in a straight line a lot further through the 5 downwards.

Here is a bigger beak and die crack.

Australia
33 Posts
 Posted 09/05/2021  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add crab eater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey oindarwin, couple of these 2005 5 cent 'flamingos' on eBay ATM for around $1000.00 .
Will be hunting down one of these ,thanks for the heads up.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1101 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2021  02:50 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i believe there is but have not seen 2002 (much rarer) and an 2004 (heard but can't confirm)
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 5,406Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05