Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Hi Resolution Cent Image

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
3015 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:24 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been on a quest for many years to create full-coin photos that can be zoomed-in to see fine details. I finally have created my first such image with "Stack-and-Stitch" method. Take a look here, and don't forget to zoom in!

https://easyzoom.com/image/123994
Contact me for photographic equipment or visit my home page at:
http://macrocoins.com
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's really good! Crashed my cheap *** Edited by Staff | The bad word filter is in place for a reason. Bypassing the filter and making the intended word obvious anyway is completely unacceptable. ***phone, but is really crisp, good detail down to the fine chips forming on some letters! Is this a hosting service or a free program?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3015 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  12:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EasyZoom is a hosting service. I'm testing it out to see if I want to use them for hosting these high-rez images.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1432 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  01:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is really cool! I signed up for the free account and uploaded two images just to see how they look. I'm impressed so far. I'll have to play around with it to see how everything works. I do like that you can zoom in really close and it does not loose any resolution.

Thanks for sharing this
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1153 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  01:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that's really impressive resolution. The file size is a bit bigger than I'm used to working with....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1897 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  02:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It actually does really good on zooming without losing resolution. I put a few pics of mine on there works pretty good
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24453 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  04:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is cool. How neat would it be if CCF had that?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8576 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  07:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very impressive image. How many shots did you stack to achieve this?

Oh, and which lens did you use?
Member SSDC
Edited by dave700x
08/10/2018 07:21 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3015 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Wow, that's really impressive resolution. The file size is a bit bigger than I'm used to working with....

The big file (150MB)is actually fairly tough to work with. Many editors and viewers can't handle either the size in pixels OR the size in MB.

Quote:
Very impressive image. How many shots did you stack to achieve this?

Oh, and which lens did you use?

This is a composite of 12 images for the matrix panorama, 4 rows of 3 columns. Each of the 12 panorama images was a focus stack of 10 source images, taken using a Nikon objective.
Edited by rmpsrpms
08/10/2018 08:41 am
Valued Member
Canada
250 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!! phenomenal shot, wish I could peruse all my coins like this and save my eyes.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2999 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pepactonius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great results, but far too much work to photograph every coin this way.

I only do simple stacking, and only when absolutely required (for certain small or high-relief coins). Most of the time, just a plain photo will have to suffice, for me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3015 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  11:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rmpsrpms to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Great results, but far too much work to photograph every coin this way.

I only do simple stacking, and only when absolutely required (for certain small or high-relief coins). Most of the time, just a plain photo will have to suffice, for me.

I'm interested in this technique for the coins I want to document in a single, detailed image rather than with full-coin plus detail shots. The VEDS coin is an example of this, because it benefits from being able to see the whole coin in detail. Not every coin will rise to the level of needing this treatment, but it's now a tool in my toolbox for that sort of work.

edited to add: here is the shot of the VEDS coin I was referring to:

https://easyzoom.com/image/124030

I made this image from 6 stacked panorama photos, so much less work, and it came out pretty good...
Edited by rmpsrpms
08/10/2018 11:54 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05