Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help Me To Grade This Rainbow-toned-1811-capped-bust-50c

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
9 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2018  4:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jed293256 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello, Please let me know what you think This coin will grade at. It is a
1811 capped half dollar with the large 8. It has half dollar And 50 cents On the Edge Which is very clear. I think this was the first year they put the large 8 on them. This is also an error coin.There is a die crack that goes through the date.I went to PCGS to look at the coin . The coin Has a die crack That is identical to mine. These 2 coins Could have been stamped with the same die.?
Thank you for your help.

[

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41501 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2018  4:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-35, might just make EF-40.

to the CCF!
Edited by Coinfrog
08/12/2018 4:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2018  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-35.

Quote:
This is also an error coin

Die cracks are usually considered part of die deterioration, so they're not really an "error."
Pillar of the Community
United States
9023 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2018  9:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-35 and yes, it's an Overton-104, not considered an error.
Member SSDC, TNA
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05