Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1965 Lg Bead Small Cent...Blunt or Pointed 5?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author  Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
2065 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2018  03:01 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am 99.9% sure this is a Large Bead variety, but I am having a hard time telling if this is a blunt or pointed 5. My hunch is it is a blunt 5 but it does look slightly more slanted than the Sm Bead 1965 I have in my book.

The Coin.

The Beads.

The Date.

So which 5 is this, the blunt or pointed variety? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks...Mont.
Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1708 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2018  06:42 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks like blunt 5 to me. large beads variety.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7131 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2018  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Large beads
Blunt

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
08/13/2018 06:46 am
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
282 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2018  07:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KHatt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Blunt.

Quick tip: unlike the 1985 Pointed/blunt on the top of the 5, the 1965 pointed/blunt is on the bottom of the 5 at the end of the loop. See how yours has that flat edge at the bottom point of the 5, that's the blunt variety. The other variety comes to a tip there.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1221 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2018  1:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add papeldog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I look at the top tip of the 5 for both dates to see if pointed or blunt
Pillar of the Community
United States
2065 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2018  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. Blunt 5 it is then.
Learning one coin at a time.
ANA Member #3185431
Edited by MontCollector
08/13/2018 2:20 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4166 Posts
 Posted Yesterday  1:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
   Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05