Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fatimid And Aghlabid Gold Coins Identification

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

France
7 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2018  04:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Numisss to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi ,
I am new in this community and I nedd your help , I need to identify These coins :
1. Fatimid coin I guess but I d'ont have any idea about it

2.Aghlabid coin I guess

3.Aghlabid coin I guess

Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 08/22/2018  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some of the images are out of focus. If you will provide sharp photos, I can try to read the coins.
Edited by Kushanshah
08/22/2018 10:12 am
Learn More...
United States
70931 Posts
France
7 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2018  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi ,

Sorry but I did not have a good photo quality in my phone , I realy need your help and I will try to submit a best quality tomorow

thanks a lot
Learn More...
United States
70931 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2018  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You may want to consider trying our Free Image Optimizer to crop images. More coin, less background.
France
7 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2018  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

France
7 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2018  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HI

I sent a better quality of the most important coin , I did not find any informations about it , I guess that is rare fatimid coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 08/23/2018  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, Fatimids, al-Mahdi, early type with name as only "al-Mahdi" without 'Abd Allah or Billah, no mint name. Very similar to the coin linked below except the date is written differently. The digit is relatively clear, either seb' ("seven") or tis' ("nine"). The only examples of the type I could find for comparison are the example below, another full dinar dated 297 in the Ashmolean Collection and a 1/4 dinar dated 302, also in the Ashmolean.
https://www.zeno.ru/showphoto.php?photo=206306
Edited by Kushanshah
08/23/2018 8:12 pm
France
7 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2018  07:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Kushanshah, you helped me a lot

Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2018  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The other two are Aghlabid. The bent one is Ibrahim II, AH 280. The last one is Ziyadat Allah I, date possibly 222. Aghlabid gold always lacks a mint name.
France
7 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2019  4:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numisss to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,Kushanshah

Can you help me with this silver islamic seal ? Ithink it was from a spanish islamic dinasty

http://goccf.com/t/345724

Thanks for your help

Pillar of the Community
United States
626 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2019  7:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can usually read the coins but this item is something completely different. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15259 Posts
 Posted 04/22/2019  7:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know very little on how to id these coins.

Having emphasized my lack of skill in the identification these,
I am somewhat suspicious with the surface texture of the Fatamid coin in the picture posted on 08/23 @ 4:38.

I hope I am wrong. I stand to be corrected.
Edited by sel_69l
04/22/2019 8:12 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05