Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Auction This Weekend

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,068Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
573 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  6:58 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
These are up for sale, starting bid seems high at $50 cad each. Please leave me your thoughts.

and opinion if I should buy all or just some of them or pass? Thanks.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
573 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  7:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
573 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
573 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
4409 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2018  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MeadowviewCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

At first glance the pictured notes are Obsolete bank notes.

$50 CAD is roughly $38 using Google's calculator.

I'd suggest if there is/are certain notes that interest you to check what similar examples have sold for at Heritage Auctions https://currency.ha.com/c/search-re...+231+56+1184

I do not want to give you bad advice or steer you wrong as this is not an area I have the in-depth knowledge to do so.

-MV
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2018  3:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have to look at the individual notes. Some of the damages ones wouldn't approach a MB of $50 Cdn.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Canada
885 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
573 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2018  12:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I ended up not going. The starting price seemed high. My research online found some of them reaching $250. Plus I don't really collect them,I found some of the interesting as for there design but I wouldn't know what to look for to disregard fakes. I know some fakes say facsimile on the bottom left corners but that's about it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1277 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2018  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add techwriter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Burnz wrote:

Quote:
I ended up not going. The starting price seemed high. My research online found some of them reaching $250. Plus I don't really collect them,I found some of the interesting as for there design but I wouldn't know what to look for to disregard fakes. I know some fakes say facsimile on the bottom left corners but that's about it.

I believe you did well by avoiding to bid; too bad you didn't have the opportunity to see the notes up close and get a real perspective about them. Yes, I felt starting bids were high, especially for the damaged ones. And if you are not a collector it's truly wise to be prudent.
Valued Member
United States
428 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2018  01:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GregAlex to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't be certain, but nothing from the scans makes me suspicious about the notes being genuine. Some are definitely in raggedy shape, but most seem fairly nice. I would say that most would warrant a $50 CDN minimum bid. The $5 Farmers & Merchants Bank is a desirable one as it depicts five U.S. gold dollars in the vignette.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 1,068Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05