Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Continuing List To Show Everyones Latest Acquisitions

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6,387 / Views: 463,687Next Topic
Page: of 426
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7047 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice haul! Congrats!

One comment, based on your images and the wear visible on the obverse feathers and reverse wreath, I believe the dealer's grade of XF-45 is more accurate than AU-55. But others may think differently.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5358 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3340 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2021  02:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought a few early Australian Florins lately including the scarce 1932 and this is a decent Fine to good Fine one.

This coin had been on the dealers site for weeks and I think he was waiting for me to buy it. I was originally worried about its genuinity, but he has guaranteed it and it looks kosher.

The rest include 1910 to 1913, 1914 plain and 1928.

Close up of 1910 (1st year and gVG) and 1914 (Nice Fine)

Close ups of all coins and both sides are in the Australian part of the boards cobbers.

As you may know, 1910s Aussie silver is notoriously hard not to find super worn!
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2021  05:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Actually commems, the pic doesn't do much justice, the glare from the light mushed up some obv detail to make it appear XFish .
Due to the late time when I posted, I have a few more interesting finds that I can post later today in the foreign realm.
Princetane, I wouldn't mint at all even finding 2 of those florins
Edited by mrwhatisit
10/02/2021 05:51 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7047 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2021  1:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Actually commems, the pic doesn't do much justice, the glare from the light mushed up some obv detail to make it appear XFish

OK, you have the coin in hand.

Maybe post the coin in the grading area to get some additional thoughts? Maybe you can image the coin with lighting you believe is better and presents the coin's surfaces more accurately?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
10/02/2021 1:48 pm
Learn More...
United States
108322 Posts
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3340 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  12:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Some great British shillings I won in a recent auction.

1937 and 1970 Scottish shilling proofs

1919, 1930 and 1903

1887 x 2 and 1889 Jubilee shillings

1883 and 1900 Victorian shillings

Heads shots!

Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Learn More...
United States
108322 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  09:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Some great British shillings I won in a recent auction.
Fantastic!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7311 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just won this at Sunday's Great Collection's auction. Total final cost was 802 dollars. The only issue is the obvious carbon spot, but to be honest, it's not that distracting. Looks at least a 62, and I really like this coin. Paid retail, but could probably sell it easily for at least what I paid. Always wanted an MS colonial.

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3340 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  03:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin, but looking at the King's Cheek I don't think its MS, I would say high EF at best. Also it has almost no lustre.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1115 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  06:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My theory here is that the colonial issues were struck all over the place, and that there was no uniformity in the striking of these pieces, hence what I see as weak strike and quite subdued luster from wherever it got put until it got slabbed.
Learn More...
United States
108322 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just won this at Sunday's Great Collection's auction
Outstanding!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16503 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice Colonial Ed , For you to pay $802 it has to be a 62BN .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
1125 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  11:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5358 Posts
Page: of 426 Previous TopicReplies: 6,387 / Views: 463,687Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: