Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Low Silver Spot Price

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
810 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2018  5:28 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Silver Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Was just wondering, with silver spot being so low currently, if anyone is buying silver scrap/billion coins from their local coin dealers? I'm primarily a roll hunter, but am thinking it might be a great time to pick up some silver halves and dollars at my local coin shops. What's a fair price to expect to pay over spot? They're are a great piece of history and a wise investment.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***
Valued Member
United States
333 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2018  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add YNumismetals Collector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For half dollars, I consider 11x or 11.4x face a good deal
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2018  7:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like current silver value in half dollars is $5.29. 11x to 11.4x definitely sounds like a reasonable premium. There is a dealer in Canada that charges 5% over spot for $1000 increments of junk silver.

Just keep in mind what the dealers will buy at. Silver probably has to go up at least 25% or so for you to come out ahead.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3289 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2018  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've picked up some silver recently. 11.5 - 12x face seems to be the going rate lately.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1648 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2018  10:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hasn't that been the multiplier for awhile?

KK
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9459 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  01:47 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What I see at APMEX is about 11.6x face, currently.
Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum.
-Lucretius

"Just because you're paranoid don't mean they're not after you."
-Kurdt Kobain

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3660 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  04:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Provident Metals 11.2 x face delivered to your door free shipping over $100

Franklin and Kennedy halves under 12 x face also.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Edited by fistfulladirt
10/07/2018 04:11 am
Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  4:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JoggingLiberty to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm a buyer right now. Here's a video I put out a couple days ago about some of my junk silver finds. Have a look if you've got a few minutes.

DWDWdfh0jt8

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
810 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver Eagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for the input. I'll have to visit a few local dealers and see what they have, should be fun!
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add silverbug9 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like CRH as well as buying from dealers... Just recently picked up some 90% for about 12x face locally, no sales tax nor shipping, plus supporting my local store.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3660 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can get the same online, for a buck less for face, from respected deatlers. Provident Metals.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10632 Posts
 Posted 11/08/2018  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not a silver stacker but what about " We Buy Gold and Silver Shops " ? They might be a little more cheaper .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3660 Posts
 Posted 11/09/2018  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@T-Bop - I've never had luck with those places (although 4 out of 5 in my area have shut down since the crash), they always had a contract with a refiner and wouldnt sell to the public. Weird, but even the two pawn shops in my area wouldn't deal in PM's either.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05